“Memorable Anniversary Staycation”

Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Memorable Anniversary Staycation”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is our third time staying in this hotel - and each time has been better than the last. My husband surprised me with the romance package which included drinks at the bar, breakfast the next morning and a room with a view. The staff was phenomenal and made sure we had everything we needed. They even let us use our breakfast vouchers for breakfast in bed. And the chocolate covered strawberries were delish. We will definitely go back. It is definitely our hotel. Also, I see a lot of reviewers say the rooms are small, but we have been fortunate enough to always stay in a suite. The next stop is the penthouse suite.

Room Tip: Definitely get a city view room on the 7th floor or above, if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Glenn for a concert at the Tabernacle. The location is great! It is only two blocks from the Tabernacle and one from Phillips arena and the CNN Center. Our view was fabulous. The rooms are small, but clean and very modern. We did not get to visit the Skytop Lounge because they closed early due to cold weather. Staff was very friendly. The Wi-Fi worked well. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the Glenn Hotel for a professional conference. The location was excellent, within easy walking distance to the convention center and next door to the CNN plaza. The room was clean, small, but modern with a flat screen tv, nice linens, and a large bathroom. The desk area could have used some lighting to make it usable. This hotel had its funky side, with a talking elevator "third floor - charming", artificial grass lining the hallways, and a window from the bathroom into the hotel room. (Glad I was traveling alone!) The bar and restaurant had a warm, comfortable atmosphere and I was always made to feel welcome as a single traveler. The food was very good and the drink prices reasonable for an urban location. Every staff person I encountered was especially helpful, from telling me the hours the restaurant would close when I arrived late, to helping me watch for my shuttle when departing. This was a boutique hotel, so the amenties were limited and there are not many public areas which became awkward with a late flight. I also found the hallways to be dark and a little spooky. All in all, a good choice for a tourist or business traveler.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lkr15
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a concert at Philips. The hotel is nice and trendy, but rooms are very small. The hotel throughout has nice decor, a cozy urban style which we love. The bed was VERY COMFORTABLE. We even mentioned buying one like it. It was a super plush something, but we slept better than we had slept in a long time. The bar staff at the lounge was very nice, drinks and appetizers were good. Lobby area turned into a nice late night scene.

The only thing we didn't care for is that the only parking option at the hotel is valet which was about $25 per night and you can't take your vehicle out or you will have to pay again and if you have friends wanting to come visit you at the hotel lounge, they have to pay to valet park too. The only other negative vibe I had here was a gentleman sitting at the bar complaining that he was staying there on business and some of his electronic devices had been stolen out of his room apparently by a member of the staff and they were investigating the matter. That never gives anyone a warm & fuzzy feeling. I doubt we would ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to find parking cheaper near-by. Unless you don't mind paying for valet every time.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The name autograph sounds so stylish, and with Marriott running it, what could go wrong?? Well, the car drops you off in a dingy back garage, the hotel is dark and dingy and severely needs redecorating. The rooms are small, and with perhaps 30 year old furniture. The hallways are more suited to livestock: really, they are lined with fake grass ! Unbelievable !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Simon B
Southeast US
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent location for events at Phillips Arena and CNN. Rooms have a European feel, small but so very unique. The bed is truly the most comfortable I have ever slept in but the street noise is something to be dealt with. My husband and I were on the 8th floor and we were awakened what seemed like every hour by traffic at the intersection or sirens. This is no fault of the hotel, it is merely Atlanta and the location of the property. I would probably not stay here again because of the noise but no fault of the staff or hotel.

Room Tip: Others said the higher floors were better as far as noise, but I did not find that to be the case.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank holton161
Cary, NC
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is small but cozy hotel. The hotel's staff was sincerely friendly and helpful. They made our stay very enjoyable! I was impressed!

Our room was comfortable and clean. We actually had a bedroom and a living room. You will hear street noises and see street lights at night, but this is a part of a big city fun ))

I highly recommend trying hotel’s restaurant. I got addicted to their grilled lettuce salad and grilled artichoke appetizer. Also, please, give us your recipe for the cocktail that uses grapefruit infused tequila ..its called....sun...sun...something....sorry, i cant recall now ((

We will be back next year!
PS. Loved the breakfast too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ArtDeco7
GlennHotelGM, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. Our team works very hard to make each stay at our hotel memorable and I am glad we succeeded for you. I am not sure of the particular libation that you are referring to but if you will send your contact information to wayne.cannon@glennhotel.com I will ask our mixologist to share her secret with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards,