“Excellent Location, Cozy Bed and Lounge was a hot-spot.....but”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Location, Cozy Bed and Lounge was a hot-spot.....but”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a concert at Philips. The hotel is nice and trendy, but rooms are very small. The hotel throughout has nice decor, a cozy urban style which we love. The bed was VERY COMFORTABLE. We even mentioned buying one like it. It was a super plush something, but we slept better than we had slept in a long time. The bar staff at the lounge was very nice, drinks and appetizers were good. Lobby area turned into a nice late night scene.

The only thing we didn't care for is that the only parking option at the hotel is valet which was about $25 per night and you can't take your vehicle out or you will have to pay again and if you have friends wanting to come visit you at the hotel lounge, they have to pay to valet park too. The only other negative vibe I had here was a gentleman sitting at the bar complaining that he was staying there on business and some of his electronic devices had been stolen out of his room apparently by a member of the staff and they were investigating the matter. That never gives anyone a warm & fuzzy feeling. I doubt we would ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to find parking cheaper near-by. Unless you don't mind paying for valet every time.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The name autograph sounds so stylish, and with Marriott running it, what could go wrong?? Well, the car drops you off in a dingy back garage, the hotel is dark and dingy and severely needs redecorating. The rooms are small, and with perhaps 30 year old furniture. The hallways are more suited to livestock: really, they are lined with fake grass ! Unbelievable !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Simon B
Southeast US
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent location for events at Phillips Arena and CNN. Rooms have a European feel, small but so very unique. The bed is truly the most comfortable I have ever slept in but the street noise is something to be dealt with. My husband and I were on the 8th floor and we were awakened what seemed like every hour by traffic at the intersection or sirens. This is no fault of the hotel, it is merely Atlanta and the location of the property. I would probably not stay here again because of the noise but no fault of the staff or hotel.

Room Tip: Others said the higher floors were better as far as noise, but I did not find that to be the case.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank holton161
Cary, NC
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is small but cozy hotel. The hotel's staff was sincerely friendly and helpful. They made our stay very enjoyable! I was impressed!

Our room was comfortable and clean. We actually had a bedroom and a living room. You will hear street noises and see street lights at night, but this is a part of a big city fun ))

I highly recommend trying hotel’s restaurant. I got addicted to their grilled lettuce salad and grilled artichoke appetizer. Also, please, give us your recipe for the cocktail that uses grapefruit infused tequila ..its called....sun...sun...something....sorry, i cant recall now ((

We will be back next year!
PS. Loved the breakfast too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ArtDeco7
GlennHotelGM, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. Our team works very hard to make each stay at our hotel memorable and I am glad we succeeded for you. I am not sure of the particular libation that you are referring to but if you will send your contact information to wayne.cannon@glennhotel.com I will ask our mixologist to share her secret with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Wayne Cannon
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Dirty and Dingy. I have stayed at other Autograph properties, specifically loved Nasheville's Autograph Marriott. This one is unatractive. The staff is accomodating. They're valet charge is way to high for this hotel. I was looking forward to checking out Autograph Hotels wherever I travel too; now, not so sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank barbara5650
Moriah
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Glenn is located convenient to Olympic Park, CNN, and Coca Cola. Staff were all welcoming helpful and attentive. We will definitely stay again! Rooms were comfortable and the rooftop bar provided excellent views of the city.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Glenn was a good Hotel. It had a skytop bar that was amazing. It can be romantic or a good atmosphere just to let loose with some friends. The rooms are a little small but thats what you come to expect in the city. The peekaboo shower could be seen as creepy more than romantic. I had a good stay the food was great and it is a nice place.Some people were complaining in other erviews about it looking unsafe I did not think so but I am born and from Atlanta. Nice bar scene nearbye and Renee at the Glenn was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The fridge smelled bad and I think was broken. We did not need to use it so I just kept it closed. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple