Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
$460
$417
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barsky loungeboutique hotelcnn centerphillips arenaolympic parkferris wheelqueen roomga domeworld congress centerhotel guestsloved this hotelcollege football hall of famevalet parkingroom keybusiness tripdowntown area
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Glenn was a good Hotel. It had a skytop bar that was amazing. It can be romantic or a good atmosphere just to let loose with some friends. The rooms are a little small but thats what you come to expect in the city. The peekaboo shower could be seen as creepy more than romantic. I had a good stay the food was great and it is a nice place.Some people were complaining in other erviews about it looking unsafe I did not think so but I am born and from Atlanta. Nice bar scene nearbye and Renee at the Glenn was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The fridge smelled bad and I think was broken. We did not need to use it so I just kept it closed. I also could have called maintenance to fix the problem but not a big deal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend while in town for a Falcons game. First of all, the location is GREAT if you're attending a game. You can walk to the Georgia Dome in about 5 minutes.
Regarding the hotel itself, it is definitely unique. I guess modern would be the best way to describe it...it's interesting. However, it wasn't for us. First of all, the room was extremely small and not as clean as I would have liked. The window shades were VERY dirty, which was quite disappointing. Also, as some other reviewers have mentioned, it was quite noisy from the street below.
Another positive note was the bed...extremely comfortable, and the room decor was interesting and stylish. We visited the rooftop bar on Saturday night and enjoyed ourselves. The view is amazing and it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a bad property, but rather it has some room for improvement and is not well suited for everyone. Next time we'll opt for a more "traditional" hotel when visiting downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EddieInIndy
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was satisfied with my stay at the Glenn. When I got settled into my room I discovered my television was broken. I called the front desk and it was repaired within thirty minutes. The bed was very very comfortable. I went upstairs to the Sky Bar, but immediately turned around after being confronted with the sonic blast that emanated from its entrance. The downstairs bar was small and staffed with friendly servers. Neat and clean...average. Not a bad value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was currently on a Buisness trip so I decided this would a be a great location to stay.But how ever I wasnt to Happy About my room!! It smelt nice but didn't seem to clean. The sheer curtains were very dusty lets not forget had stains on them...The carpet seem to have not been cleaned from a previous guest,the coffee mugs and glasses were not clean also.And the sheets were stained and torn.The see through showers were nice but however that was a problem the shower had mold and mildew I was very disapointed for the price and the size of the room!! I didnt feel safe walking too my room with the lights being very dark overall I wouldnt stay there this Hotel needs a total makeover..Sorry

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank liz c
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while he was on business in Atlanta.

Staff - friendly and fine, however was a bit surprised that they seemed to be unable to answer (what I thought was) easy questions. Although, I did get stuck in the elevator with a disturbed housekeeping lady who complained for 4 floors.

Room - incredibly small, in fact it even states it on the room key! But it has all the minimum things you need. Was a bit annoyed with the curtains as they do not block out every inch of light and the only reason it's a problem is because the hotel building has outside lights all over it. Also, being that you staying in the city, you are subject to plenty of noises...this hotel is definitely not sound proof.

Which leads me to my biggest complaint...the one complaint that would deter me from ever staying there again...the noise from the rooftop bar. We stayed on the 10th floor which is directly below the rooftop bar. On certain nights of the week, the DJ plays music until 1AM! I am pretty sure that our room was right below the DJ. My husband spoke with the front desk and they did offer to change our room. Yet, I think it just annoyed me that they even put us in that room to begin with. They have to know the problems with staying on the 10th floor.

Rooftop Bar - has a great view of the city...seems like something you find in NYC. However, the service is very slow. My husband just got the in the habit of going up to the bar every time we wanted another drink.

Overall, the hotel is like a smaller version of the W Hotel chains. It certainly has potential, but it's still a Marriott at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Avoid the 10th floor unless you like listening to the rooftop bar music until 1AM.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business