“Not 1/2 Bad .. currently residing here for a month”

Savannah Suites Atlanta
Ranked #158 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Not 1/2 Bad .. currently residing here for a month”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Following up to the complainer of the gunshots.. that's simply NOT TRUE.. my son & I have been staying @ the Suites since the 8th as well and if I would have heard the gunshots, we would have definitely left that night. Yes, there is a high amount of homeless individuals in the area, since there is a homeless men's shelter right up the street, there is prostitution in the area, but unless that's what you are looking for, you wouldn't directly see it. I have not seen any roaches. Wherever you see issues in your room, request another room or upkeep of the room while you are out.

Room Tip: 3 or 4th floor would be better .. there are elevators .. it's diverse .. there are mothers/ fami...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherell C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Addison, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked this place for 3 nights because of its proximity to the hospital and I didn't have a car. I have traveled extensively and never had an experience as bad as this one. The drug dealers and prostitutes standing in front all night were bad enough, being accosted by whinos and worse just stepping outside my door was not pleasant, the paper thin walls with a fight raging next to me I could have done without, but the 8 gunshots that rang out directly in front at 3 am would have had me leaving immediately if I had thought it would be possible to get from the door to my room into a cab and safely away. At 6:30 am there were still throngs of people outside screaming - as they had done ALL night long - and I knew that walking even the 3 blocks to the hospital was utterly out of the question. One of the worst travel experiences I have ever had - I would urge anyone to stay ANYWHERE but in this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Carrieyew
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
First let me thank you for posting your review. I would like toapologize for the many different things going on, on the streets of Atlanta. We provide 24 Hour security for your safety and all of our Guest. There also should not have been anyone outside your door and I want you to know I have been over this Review with the Security Company. We and the Security Company will more watchful during times of challange.. Again we apologize and Thank you for posting your Review

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Reviewed July 20, 2012

first off this place is unsafe for the reason why the security guards had handguns. I was greeted by a couple of roaches in my room. Smell of this room was unbearable & of course broken mattress so much for TV in order to turn on/off the tv we had to unplugg from the wall, lights made noise as they were turned on. We couldn't bare to stay a second night there. To top it off it's near a homeless shelter. Please don't stay here for your own safety.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank shelly310
First I want to thank you for taking time to post your Review. I want to apologize for you feeling un-safe. I do have a Security guard on post 24 hours a day to provide Security and Safety for all of our guest. If your room smelled and had roaches I also want toapologize for us not operating at our standard. Again thanks for posting your Review.
Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Positives....
Great low price. Pretty clean room. Great location. Walking distance to Aquarium and Coca-Cola (about 1mile) 24 hr security. Nice view if you're on the top floor facing entrance to hotel.

Negatives....
Dirty towels. Homeless people hanging around near the hotel (the 24hr security pretty much keeps them off the property). Free wifi connection that SUCKS!
Overall, this hotel wasn't bad. We had no problem with paying, no problems with the homeless people around it. And its not bad for the price!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Carla L
Mooreville ,MS
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The location wasof this motel was fine ..The room I had was anon-smoking it was clean and the beds were very comfortable.the staff was friendly and kind. The price was a little more than I was used to payong for Economy motels but it was nice. The carpet was clean and the bathroom had a wonderful scent of lemon ( pine-sol maybe?).Enjoyed my stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank James H
TAMPA
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel is in a very unsafe place, they do have 24hr security. The thing that bothered me the most is that we got there on Friday and Saturday the lady came did our beds and didn't left any toilet paper or towels!!! We could not pee or take showers till the next day that we went to another hotel! The office closes at 9pm so we couldn't call! Don't stay here! Staff is very rude also!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel! Pay a little more and stay elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank aria50
Powdersprings
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed for just one night and gathered some info. It was clean and spacious. the staff was very kind. It's great on location. WalMart and a couple other stores were around less then a mile drive. Close to highways for others connections. Again it was very clean and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The top has a great view. Being closer to the stairs helps on the way down.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo