“Okay for the price”
Review of Budgetel Savannah

Budgetel Savannah
Ranked #159 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 9, 2011

After reading several of the reviews here I was apprehensive about this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised though. Yes, it is in an area close to the homeless shelter and there were several on the streets but in the 8 days we were there none of these people bothered us. We did not feel 'threatened' or 'unsafe' day or night. The staff at the hotel were friendly enough and extremely helpful. It did not inconvenience us in any way that ID had to be shown on entering the building - it was, after all, for the security of the hotel.
The rooms were clean and new towels were left every morning.

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank Mark198690

Reviewed February 6, 2011

If you want to live, do not under any circumstance stay at this place. Walking around this area is a risk to your life. I have never felt so unsafe before.

The place is surrounded by druggies who hassle you for any item they can grab off you. Do not go out of your room if you want to live.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank vikramk
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better.

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the area in which the hotel is located, we work with the city constantly to help improve this issue. Again we apologize for these issues and wish that we could have corrected them during you stay.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Atlanta, Georgia.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

I was pleased with my stay at Savannah Suites. It has a kitchenette and the room was clean and pleasant. The room was cleaned every day and smelled fresh and I did not see any bugs of any kind. However, if you are not used to being in big cities you may prefer to pay $20 more and stay at the motel 6 a few blocks farther away from the homeless shelter. If you are arriving in the middle of the night you will need to make arrangements since the office is closed until 8 am. They provided new soap and towels everyday, but not shampoo. The security is very tight, but is appropriate for for a city. There are several very nice apartment complexes in the area with similar security. It is a block away from the grocery store and Walgreens and within walking distance of downtown. It is the cheapest place in town, so if you expect luxury you should try another place. However, for the price it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank arlenebarrett
generalmanager4, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

We thank you for the feedback that you have given for our property in Atlanta, we do appreciate all the wonderful comments, so often one just hears about the bad, but good feedback can be just a useful as the feedback pointing out what is incorrect or bad about one's stay.

Thank You and we look forward to you returning to our property in Atlanta.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We booked in Australia for this property & chose it for its convenience to AVIS to pick up our hire car the next morning.We arrived approx 10pm in a taxi to be greeted by an armed Security Guard who demanded our ID before we went to Reception.You had to be buzzed into Reception where she could barely make eye contact with us. We were given swipe cards to our Room that when we got there did not work, we went back down to reception & she got the security Guard to let us into our room but the lock would not be looked at til next day.On entering our room we found the toilet did not work.We called reception but received no answer & went down AGAIN to reception to be told there was no other room & to do the best we could. We tried to use the WiFi but coukd not get access AGAIN we called Reception no reply.We we were not brave enough to leave the Room to attempt to get anything to eat so just went to bed - did I mention the room smelt awful..We left ASAP in the morning and felt so unsafe that we got a cab to AVIS.
Please DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shazzab21
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank You for your Reservation in May 2010

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by your keys and toilet not working. We take steps to ensure that this type of service does not happen again, we have retrained our front desk staff and security staff and again we apologize that we could not move you for the hotel was sold out during this time.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Atlanta, Georgia.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This ia a great place for the price, I mean you have $100 a night hotels right down the street. The Staff is always friendly and we stay 3 times a year and love this location and Hotel. Thanks and Keep up the Great Work. The Homeless outside the gates don't bother you if you don't bother them, we have never had a problem and this is going on our 3rd year there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Mich0982
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Budgetel Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

We thank you for the feed back that you have given for our property in Atlanta, we do appreciate all the wonderful comments, so often one just hears about the bad, but good feedback can be just a useful as the feedback pointing out what is incorrect or bad about ones stay.

Thank You, and we look forward to you return to our property in Atlanta.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have neverstayed in a place so mismanaged in my life. If I was traveling with my girl friend or with small childron I would have been a nervous reck. The room was filthy, the lock on my door was broken, and there was homeless and drug dealers surrounding the property.. Spend a little more money for your safety and so that you will be comfortable on your vacation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank sobadatlanta

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by your lock not working properly. We take steps to ensure that this type of service does not happen again, we have retrained our staff, and again we apologize for these issues and wish that we could have corrected them during you stay.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

first off i want to say that the management should be ashamed of them selves.. Why on earth with the money u make u cant maintain a clean motel?? I dont expect it to be a 5 star but gesh can u make just one cal l to deal with the bug control. This is not your home... Ppl come tofor a nice stay with clean towels pollow cases and nice smelling room. U lack it all. I am dissapointed and my husband and I feel the need to take it to another level..

1  Thank tregan313

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide excellent service, clean, and comfortable rooms and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. Thank you again for your feedback and we are making the proper strides to correct all issues.