“extremely long wait for not so good fried chicken”

Glady's Knight and Ron Winans
Ranked #2,536 of 4,030 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Reviewed May 27, 2012

waited a very long time and think other customers who knew the staff got seated a lot quicker. fried chicken very disappointing - skin and batter not crispy, chicken not hot but lukewarm as it it had been sitting under a warming light for a long time, flavor so so.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was the one place my husband wanted to go on our visit to Atlanta, and he was not disappointed. The "Uptown," their version of an Arnold Palmer, was awesome. Also, loved the fried green tomatoes!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I saw this restaurant on the food channel and wanted to visit. The parking lot is a little seedy and there were some street people around but we went in anyway. I was somewhat uncomfortable with the people hanging around the door. The food was good and the wings were enormous! My friend wasn't carried away with the fried chicken but it was fine for me. Crispy crust and large portions. I couldn't.t eat all my food and they were quick to prepare a take home package. We went there at a quiet afternoon time. No crowd at all. Don.t know how the busier times would be but have driven past and seen lines waiting outside.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I guess being a celebrity is all it takes to get good reviews. We went expecting atmosphere and of course- FLAVOR! The waffles are better at Huddle House/Waffle House/even Mr. Waffle on I85 in Gaffney, SC. Seriously, don't believe the hype. Pass on this one.

1  Thank Bermewjan
Reviewed January 31, 2012

just not impressed. there are better options for this type of food.

Been to Glady's Knight and Ron Winans? Share your experiences!