“tourist like to go here for whatever reason”

Glady's Knight and Ron Winans
Ranked #2,486 of 3,941 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Cincinnati, Ohio
“tourist like to go here for whatever reason”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

the food is not really good... when i spend my money to eat out i like to be wowed. the food here is any true southern with average skill can make.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Glady's knight chicken and waffles located in downtown Atlanta”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The food was great. I had a nice time at Glady's from start to finish. Someone was there to greet me. I felt a home , the restaurant was well consrtucted. The food was just like you say it on the menu. The employees were very friendly and make you feel comfortable all the way around. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend.

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food and service!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The food was great, but I must admit..the Customer Service was very impressive. Keep up the good work!!!

Georgia
“Stale Chicken (tasted like it was a kept overnight)”
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Had a late lunch (3:00 p.m.) at new Waffles & Chicken on Peachtree Pkwy in Johns Creek, Ga. on March 20, 2009. Spoke to the Manager about the quality of the food who denied the chicken was kept overnight.

My Follow up with General Manager:

Today, I visited your John Creeks Restaurant around 3:00, my first visit at a"Glady's and Ron's restaurant. I ordered fried chicken, greens and macaroni & cheese. The starch and vegetable was very tasty, however the chicken tasted like it was a day old.

The chicken was not warm, more like room temperature, I accepted the food as served but asked the waitress to summon the manager, 5 minutes later I inquired of the waitress again to summon the Manager and she said he was on the phone. The Manager arrived approximately 20 minutes after my first request and when he arrived I had completed my meal. He said the chicken had been cooked within the last hour and placed in the warmer. He asked that I come back, ask for him and that he would make it right. I don't know what "making it right" means, with this experience should I trust the restaurant again with my palate.

I am familiar with the taste of old chicken, and the chicken I was served today was not cooked a few hours before my arrival. If the Manager was accurate on your process in preparing and keeping food perhaps you should revisit your method, it is not preserving the quality of the food.

RESPONSE FROM GENERAL MANAGER:
Thank you so much for the detailed review of your experience. I cannot improve without it. I will definitely do some investigation into your situation. I can confidently say to your initial statement regarding the chicken being "kept for a day", that all cooked chicken is discarded nightly. It is however possible that it could have been kept over its holding time. I'm glad that you alerted me to this issue and I plan to have a review of specific procedures in the back of the house to improve in that area. I will also review the proper way to compensate an unhappy customer with my management in that location.

Please forward me an address so I can send you some gift cards so you can give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Forwarded the information to General Manager but as of May 2nd have not heard anything else.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Alright, it's no Roscoe's though.”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Alright, it's no Roscoe's though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Glady's Knight and Ron Winans? Share your experiences!