“Great Experience for Small Kids”

Children's Museum of Atlanta
Ranked #46 of 291 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Children’s Museum of Atlanta is a place where children can interact with everything on the Museum floor with the goal of sparking imagination and inspiring discovery and learning through the power of play.
Destin, FL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Experience for Small Kids”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This is a POPULAR spot for kids. It's so much fun for the children and a great place for them to play and experience how things work, certain toys, etc. My wife and I took our toddler and he really enjoyed playing. Yes it was busy, but what do you expect when you go to what is essentially an attraction?

What does reviewer SummerSLogansMom expect? It's an experience, not a restaurant. The fact that they had food was just a bonus! Plenty of places to eat around the museum. Highly recommend if you have small kids!

Visited December 2010

• Hebrew first
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Expensive, Crowded and Dirty!”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We drove from Hall County Ga which is north of Atlanta and it is not worth the drive. You are basically paying for your kids to play with cool toys. Its crowded, it smells funny and everything just feels dirty!! Parents do not watch their kids and so the older kids literally hog the toys and exhibits. Its total chaos, disorganized and the workers seem to be your basic bum off the street.

The gift shop is SOOOO expensive and if your hungry they have a pathetic little chick-fil-a cart with only a certain amount of food. If you get there late they might not have anything left. Our son Logan was 21 months when we went and after we left the museum we went to the playground across the street at the olympic park and he has a BLAST! I think he felt overwhelmed by the museum and he couldnt really play or do anything because he either got ran over by the kids or it was just too crowded to get to an exhibit.

2 Thank SummerSLogansMom
marietta, ga
“Children's museum great for crawlers and up!”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We have been attending the children's musuem since my son was 9 months old. He absolutely LOVES it. When I first went I thought it would be way above him but they have a special 2 and under room. It was fantastic I immediately got a membership! My son loves the water table and the train table. After you are done having a fun day enjoy a picnic in the park across the street.

Atlanta, GA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service - would never go back”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I work in the downtown area and wanted to stop by momentarily while my son was there for a field trip. Much to my surprise, I was made the $13 entrance fee to spend 15 minutes with my son. When I wrote the administration a letter regarding this situation, I was told I would be reimbursed the $13.00. It has been over a year since this unfortunate incident and I have yet to be reimbursed.

3 Thank STLATL
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a Museum but fun for 5 yrs and under”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was expecting a museum, but this is just a play area for kids under 5. There aren't even signs explaining the exhibits (if you can actually call them exhibits).. It's not very big either so you can easily do everything in a couple of hours. I thought it was a bit expensive $11 per person considering the size and the lack of organization. The highlight was a guy playing drums and telling a fairly confusing story about a dragon. The drums were good though. I would have felt ok paying $5 a person. If money isn't a consideration and your kids are under 5 then it is a good time.

1 Thank acidjazz1