I stayed here because it is close to a client's office. However, I do not plan on staying here again. The lobby is clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the check-in process was simple and quick.
We get into the elevator and it appears not to work and you have to push the button a few times before the door would close (this happened to us EVERY time we used the elevator. We got to our rooms right next to one another and had diffculty opening the doors. After many tries, a fellow guest walking down the hallway said you have to pull the handle up rather than down (later that night, we shared the same advice with other guests who were unable to open their door). The room was quite large and would be great if there were more than one person.
The light in the entry of the room did not work and I noticed stains/food/etc. on the walls - although I didn't touch them, it appears as if they would be easy to clean off. There were also scuffs on the walls, which are to be expected here and there due to luggage, etc. However, the food and stains were not expected and rather gross. The room seemed a bit dated, but otherwise clean.
The bathroom had a large countertop, which I always appreciate. And it had plenty of towels and decent lighting.
The workspace was good and I was able to work effeciently with the free wireless internet that is offered.
Upon leaving the room for dinner, I noticed there were stains near the door of the room across the hall. Stains that appeared to be water damage or something along those lines.
I think that the worst part of this experience was the noise from the freeway that is right outside the window. I did not get a decent night sleep because of the constant noise from traffic and semi's honking their horns.
There are other hotels nearby and I anticipate looking into those the next time I am in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • A great value, the Wingate by Wyndham is a highly bundled product that offers a great value for every dollar spent. • A hotel that recognizes each guest as a valued customer. • Our rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated comfortable and exudes a welcoming atmosphere. • Spacious suites offering privacy with separate living and sleeping areas. • Each room comes fully equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. • Iron, Ironing board, & safe. • Remote controlled televisions & on demand movies. • Free High - Speed Internet access in every room and suite, and Wireless internet throughout the building • Two phones with voice mail. • Free local calls. • Daily complimentary Hot Breakfast to start your day. • Complimentary USA today news paper delivered to your room every morning. • Recreational options featuring indoor swimming and hot tub and exercise room. • On site laundry facility at this location. • 24 – Hour Business center, equipped with Telephone, Computer, Fax machine and Copier. • Earn Points or Miles with Wyndham rewards. • Complimentary Shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. • Meeting facilities ideal for groups up to 160 people at this location. • Guest satisfaction guaranteed with our unconditional Assurance Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Hotel Atlanta
- Wingate Atlanta Galleria Center