“I constantly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Atlanta!”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Ranked #72 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Tampa, Florida
“I constantly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Atlanta!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Last 18 years I've stayed at all the majors.. Marriott ..Hyatt.. Etc. for all the right reasons, my search has been over for the last six years once I discovered this hotel. Wonderful staff.. Accommodations ..professionalism.. Efficient..responsive and friendly .... I don't judge the employees by their looks! Seriously, I actually had my briefcase (with my iPhone) fall off my luggage cart by the elevator and didn't notice til I returned to Florida. In desperation I called the desk and was told one of the employees (Munjal) brought it to the front desk!! What a relief!! You tuck in an honest staff and you have a winner. Thanks for all you do, guys!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Tom and John
Thanks for pointing out the Wingate by Wyndham hidden secret in the hotel market. It’s the employees we have working on our staff who makes the hotel stand out. Munjal is our Front Office Manager and he teaches customer service count on me to each front desk agent. Our Count on Me Wyndham culture makes each employee accountable for customer service. Your comments are welcome and in the Hotel Team meeting were going to award Munjal with employee of the month.
Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I fly to Atlanta at least once per month and I stay here every time.

It is convenient to every part of Atlanta and even though it is a rock throw from 285 I have never had any issues with traffic noise.

I have never had any issues with my reservations, have never had anything come up missing, have always had a clean room with everything functional. What else can a person hope for?!!

Keep up the great work Chris!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
WILLISBLAKEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Our hotel staffs appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback on our Wingate location. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We felt this provided excellent value compared to other cost of other hotels in Atlanta. The room was spacious (if a little tired in places) and the giant bed very comfortable. The price included breakfast, though choice was very limited; possibly a good thing for the waistline… Whilst the near ring-road location is handy, it does make it a little noisy, but not intrusively so. This location also means that it lacks local area appeal, but it’s very easy to find, convenient to drive anywhere and there’s plenty of parking. If you’re just passing through and need somewhere comfortable for a night and don’t mind easting at Applebee’s (one minute walk away at the back), this place is ideal. It suited us perfrectly for our short trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room at the back and on the right (as you look at the hotel) if you're worried...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel itself is about what you'd expect for a Wingate. Given the price and location, I'm going to overlook the admitted trouble with traffic noise. It can't be helped. I don't know about the other rooms, but my bed was comfortable, clean, and priced quite nice. Couldn't reasonably expect more without dropping 50% more elsewhere.

What struck me was how openly accommodating the front desk staff was towards both myself and my colleague who was staying at another hotel. During a major event, the hotel was running a shuttle to the area and was more than happy to take him along even as I had preparations and took a later shuttle.

It's little things like that which separate the forgettable from the enjoyable. Do try to avoid hanging out front though, it is true that smokers pick the worst spots.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hotelmadmoney23, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Were glad you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to contact us on your next trip to Atlanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#50 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center? Share your experiences!