Recently had an out-of-town group stay for my wedding in the area at the HGI Atlanta NW/Wildwood. The hotel was nice, with clean rooms and a newly renovated lobby/reception/eating area. They were very accommodating to the group, as well as to us in the planning stages (pricing, sending updated booking lists, etc). Guests were very happy with the service, enjoyed the bar in the lobby area, and also enjoyed the breakfast and dinner offerings in the lobby as well. The beds were comfortable and offered a nice sleep. The discounted rate we received was great as well. The hotel does have a pool, but it was closed during the stay for some reason. Other guests also complimented the exercise facility as well. For those that worry about the hotel being so close to a busy road/intersection, the windows are very good at keeping out the noise...you won't have an issue.
However, there were some items that were a bit disappointing:
- When the hotel was booked months ago, we were promised that all renovations would be completed by the time our guests arrived. However, the hallway carpets were all being replaced during part of our guests' stay. Not a major deal, but would have liked a 'heads up' by my contact since I had been told renovations were to be completed.
- The hotel claims the 'odor' other reviews mentioned was due to the rug glue. However, I am not so sure about that. The odor seemed to have a natural gas scent, and got stronger when the faucet or shower was run in the bathrooms. I can only speculate, but I hope it was just the rug glue and ventilation as the hotel claimed. Guests were complaining about it, so it needed to be mentioned.
- The welcome bags we provided were not handed out to all of our guests. We had fewer bags than there were rooms booked, so we should not have had any left over at the end of the check-ins. However, the hotel had a number of bags leftover (guests were actually given the extras toward the end of the stay if they asked). Thus, some guests did not get a bag upon check-in as they should have.
- For our block we were told each guest would get a breakfast coupon. However, some guests complained that they didn't receive any at check-in.
- The hotel shuttle offered free rides to our wedding location, with pre-booked run times. For the trip to the wedding, we had to instruct the driver that his plan to make just 2 25 minute round-trips in the 75 minute frame we booked (one of his 'planned' trips being at the time our ceremony was to begin) would not work and he needed to go back-and-forth as needed and have the last trip here by 5 min before the ceremony.
- Our block included a Sunday night stay, and some guests were being told when making reservations that the discounted rate did not apply for Sunday night, when it stated it did in our contract. When we brought this to the hotel's attention, we were reassured that the discounted rate would apply for all booked nights and it was a 'system' issue with reservations. However, upon check out, a number of guests were billed the full rate for Sunday night and had to make note of the overcharge in order to have it corrected upon check-out.
In the hotel's defense, it did address all the above concerns and were very apologetic at times, but a few of the items should have been avoided with proper instruction for desk attendants. They didn't do a terrible job, but what they have to realize is that when a couple is planning a wedding, the last thing they want to deal with is guests having issues with what should be a cut-and-dry set-up with the hotel. Aside from email updates/check-ins here and there, I should not have had to contact the hotel numerous times to clarify issues, or hear about shortcomings from our guests.
In light of that, again, the hotel is a nice, well-kept, friendly staffed property that is an excellent place to stay (though the nightly going rate does have the 'Hilton' premium tagged on), but if you are looking to block off rooms for an event or occasion, just be prepared to keep tabs on line items during the process.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Nw/Wildwood Hotel Atlanta
- Hilton Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton