“Great Hotel for the family” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #15 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Riverside, Connecticut
“Great Hotel for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

I took my family to the Intercontinental for the holiday weekend and we were thoroughly impressed with the Hotel and the Service. The location was great, we took the MARTA straight from the airport, got off 30min later in Buckhead and walked a block to the hotel. There was a lot of activity in the lobby but it didn't feel crowded. We had a spacious room with a sleeper for the little one and an adjacent room for the other kids. Great beds and linen, big bathroom and new furnishings. There were TV's everywhere! Everything was perfectly laid out and we didn't feel like the kids had to be careful all the time. Breakfast was great at the club level, it was well staffed and they had plenty of choices but the powdered eggs have to go.... I'll stick with the salmon next time. Well worth the price.
Congratulations to management, they are running a great hotel very well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JRyckman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Korean first
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

I wanted to personally thank everyone for everything they did in making our stay one to remember forever for Susan and me. Our first night there I had the pleasure of proposing to my now fiancé in a very beautiful setting compliments of the staff. There were so many people involved from the beginning that I can’t name them all so I apologize. I think the more memorable people were the ladies and gents at the front desk and of course Nes upstairs on the 21st floor. The entire staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating during our stay. It was a very picture perfect Hollywood proposal that we will always remember and I hope you will share with your guests for many years to come.

I was able to work with the staff seamlessly in coordinating such an epic event, at least one of the biggest moments of my life. I was really nervous that she would find out what we had planned, but with a little luck on our side we were able to provide a very romantic setting with us overlooking Buckhead. It took a lot of behind the scenes planning on our part (staff and I), but as the night started to unfold, everything came together perfectly.

The night was warm and the city was lit up with its skyscrapers engulfing us which were more picturesque than the beaches we live by. It was around 9:30 pm and Nes had prepared some champagne on the 21st floor. While we were alone, I got down on one knee and asked for Susan’s hand in marriage overlooking the city lights. She said yes! She was overwhelmed with joy as she kissed me and we began to celebrate our new engagement. Her smile and warm embrace is something I will never forget and will cherish forever. I wanted to thank the staff of the hotel for making our night one of the best nights of our new lives together. Your staff is the most professional and accommodating staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Thank you so much for everything and we will return soon!!

Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights for a short getaway. The hotel staff were nice and check in was simple. We reserved a deluxe king room and they put us on a upper level floor as we requested. However the corner room we were given (1101) was soooo tiny which was a disappointment and the mattress was sunken in the middle. We asked for a room change and was given a much larger room (as reflected in the pictures online) and we had a view of downtown instead of a parking lot of the mall. The bathroom was beautiful and had a nice soaking tub w/ separate shower. The bed was super comfortable. The hot stone massage at the spa was superb! The location was close to public transportation, tons of restaurants, and points of interest. However, the internet and parking fees were ridiculous considering most hotels offer these services for free. If we did not get a great rate for the airfare/hotel I would have said the hotel was not worth it.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

When I stay at a "4 Star" hotel I expect 4 Star service and amenities. The Intercontinental Buckhead provided those but was not without its flaws.

First, the good:
- If you judge hotels by attractive lobby areas then you'll be impressed. The hotel overall is, as you would expect, very clean and comfortable.
- My "deluxe" room was spacious with a separate tub and shower in the bathroom and an extremely comfortable bed.
- It's in a convenient area of Buckhead. Only a five minute walk to the MARTA, ten minute walk to the fancy Lenox Mall, and near many well known restaurants.

Now, the not-as-good:
- Parking is expensive. At the time of this review it was $20 to self park and $30 for valet. I ended up leaving my car on the street closer to a MARTA stop in downtown Atlanta where I could park for free, buying a one day card, and walking and riding the train everywhere I wanted to go.
- There was a significant area of the floor in my room that was wet when I checked in and didn't dry until the next morning. I would have asked to change rooms, but I didn't plan on spending much time in the room except to sleep. Still not something I would expect at a hotel like this.
- There was a party in the room next to mine the evening I stayed there. I expect things like that at lesser hotels but the noise level was extreme with people not only partying in the room but also wandering the hallways. Again, I would have said something, but I was tired, so I put headphones in my ears, and eventually fell asleep.

I think the problem with my floor and the partying next door were probably anomalies at the hotel and I would recommend the hotel to others staying in the Buckhead area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel room was nice except an old television that didnt work well.The valet staff seemed always rushed and never held my wife's door but opened mine.It was the worst service weve received in Buckhead and will choose a different hotel next time.Also when calling for a drvier ,the front sesk said "first come First serve "unlike the other hotels.Do they only have one driver?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dalton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here thru priceline, received a very good rate. The good on the hotel is as follows- They have very nice rooms, clean, wonderful beds, great bathroom. The bad on the hotel- valet is now 30.00 a night and its not even good valet parking you will stand around a long time waiting to be helped. Television sets in the room are very small and old (I was told the club floor had the larger TVs) to move to club its an additionl 100.00 a night. Mini Bar prices are the highest I,ve ever seen a small rum 14.50, a coke 3.50. A small bottle of advil which would run about 3.00 cost 13.99 at the hotel. Hope this helps.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

Was there for a convention. Fantastic location. Ruth's Chris to the left, Mortons to the right! Great gym, great service, 24 hr restauarant, good bar, great area.
Perfect business hotel.