3,056 results
All reviewssouthern artbourbon barham barclub levelseparate showerroom servicestone mountainself parkingmini barbeautiful hotelturn down servicecorner roomthe ritzfitness centerfour seasonsmarta stationbuckhead
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is easy to find and close to downtown Atlanta. There are several restaurants and stores within walking distance. You can also request a driver within a two mile radius. The valets were so nice and the staff very friendly. The lobby is enormous and beautiful, a piano and lots of windows. The outdoor seating areas, the business center (this is actually an office, not just a cubby or cubicle) and conference rooms were also well maintained. The restaurant is a little expensive (but what hotel restaurant isn't) but OMG the barbecue shrimp is to die for, definitely worth trying.
The elevator is secure (a valid key card is needed for access) and the rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms in this hotel are amazing. The room bathroom has a garden tub and separate shower. The lobby restrooms have a powder room, privacy doors to the stalls and actual linen towels to dry your hands.
The service was excellent, any issues are resolved immediately and I'm not sure what other reviewers were describing for check in. My experience was great. The line moved quickly, there were about 40 of us checking in at the same time.
Overall, this hotel is worth the money.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We have stayed here twice in the last month and I waited to write my review making sure that I gave them another chance... the check in process is sooo slow. I don't have a clue what the issue is but it is ridiculous. I booked a club level room- paid twice as much as my last stay and was told it wasn't access to the club lounge just on the club level floor- I am an IHG member and asked if there was a room upgrade available and the guy checking me in actually said "No, you are an IHG member and will get points for your stay". Wow, really? Thank you. I know I booked for a different rate reflected on the bill and the gentleman checking me in said he would let his manager know if I would write down the amount I believe I had booked for and they would get back with me- never heard a thing so I will have to call the 1-800 IHG number I suppose and see if they can help. We stayed at the Intercontinental in Boston for 6 days recently and had such a different experience- it was top notch and more upscale feeling as you expect Intercontinental to be. Upon leaving, we were told we needed to pay for parking- I signed a piece of paper upon check in that said my parking was 28.00- self parking- reflected my total on the bill and when leaving was told "no, you didn't pay for parking" what type of hotel does not add this to your bill??? We had to argue with him and finally said just charge it to the room- again- and if it shows up twice we will deal with it. We requested extra pillows in our room and it looked like they intended to do but never came back... we had plenty on one bed and the other bed had 2 pillows but no pillowcases. No laundry bag, no washcloths- housekeeping just didn't complete cleaning the room which results in us calling, waiting on items when they should already be there. On a positive note, Club level staff is amazing- as are the food presentations throughout the day. The Club level is possibly better than Intercontinental in Boston. I want to be a loyal IHG member- we have been Hilton members for years and they have gone so downhill that we have been looking for another hotel group and I just don't know if IHG will be it or not for me- very inconsistent.

Room Tip: Request Club Level.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Maxime_deLaGrange, Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Mandy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests leave 100% satisfied, so please accept my sincerest apology for the shortcomings you experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations. With that said, I would like to discuss your experience with you personally. Please email me at maxime.delagrange@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Maxime de la Grange, Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I didn't plan this stay, I blindly selected it from a travel website because my flight connection to White Plains, NY was canceled. Much to my delight my room was far above my expectations with a stunning marble bathroom. I checked in at around 9 pm and was treated with dignity and respect in spite of looking like a bum with no luggage. My room was absolutely immaculate, every detail was thought out. I stopped at the bar and picked up a perfect vodka gimlet, the band playing was amazing but I was just too tired to stay and enjoy them. Once in my room I took a long bubble bath in the sunken tub up to my neck. The robe in the closet saved me since my luggage went on to New York and all I had were the clothes on my back. I can't say enough about the plush and luxurious bed, Omg I don't even remember falling asleep, it was like a warm cocoon of happiness. I didn't hear any noise, everything was completely quiet. In the morning I noticed the separate shower had shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispensers. The lobby areas of the hotel are nothing short of awe-inspiring. Next time I'm in Atlanta I will stay here again, they have definitely earned their five stars from me.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank WellTraveledLady
Reviewed March 18, 2018

We stayed at this property for two nights recently. It is a superb facility that is located near virtually everything a reasonable person hopes to see or visit in Greater Atlanta.

We start with the location. The hotel is two block from a MARTA transit station. That means you can do something we did: we took the subway from the airport to the Buckhead stop and walked two blocks. The fare was $2.50, and it took under an hour. The service was neat, clean, safe and sensible. The hotel is close to everything you need, including restaurants, great shopping and other attractions.

We turn now to the price. The hotel was priced reasonably. We have no complaints whatsoever about the cost of this property.

The team was exceptional. Starting with Tashana at the Front Desk, who registered us and culminating with Aubrey in the main restaurant, the team was exceptional. Tashana is a native Jamaican, and represents her culture with dignity. Aubrey, who is a native of Savannah, focuses on everything to make your dining experience enjoyable. As we sat side-by-side, we registered his commitment to the hotel guests.

The bar was fine. One must try the signature drink -- the Governor -- if you visit this area of the hotel.

The drivers were great. If you need to travel within a two mile radius of the hotel, a car is provided. Jason was interesting, precise, efficient, safe, and presents as someone who knows his way around Buckhead.

We will return. The stay was great. We enjoyed the team.

Room Tip: Room 2002 was quite fine.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annenorman
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I had been before to another intercontinental overseas and it was great and same here. Rooms are big and comfortable, restaurant has amazing food both for dinner and breakfast. Highly reccomand, will definatly come back next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank orinyc2018