“First Class with confident yet understated service”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 11, 2009

What I liked most about this hotel was that staff members throughout the property made eye contact with me each and every time. Not in that fauning way but more like "heads up and we're aware". I can only describe it as feeling very secure in this hotel. I would think for a single female traveler, this would be even more important. Aside from that, great rooms with nice decor, nice fitness and business centers and a delightful bar and restaurant (Au Pied de Cochon) that was not "hotel generic" in any way. Tasty food that was not overpriced, especially for this type of property. The lobby bar has great style and downright tasty complimentary tray of nibbles (olives, nuts, chips). I had a cheese plate one evening and a prosciutto/manchego meat and cheese board another that was perfect. I was here on business and had multiple meals from the catering staff. Serving a hot chicken meal to 300 people sounds like a disaster in the making but the IC pulled it off. Every snack and meal at the conference was superior to any other I've had in recent time. This hotel room rates are not inexpensive but I left with "I got what I paid for" feeling and will look forward to returning in 2010.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LeBonRobert

Reviewed November 24, 2009

We booked at the Intercontinental after having already paid for four nights at the Grand Hyatt across the street. We moved because of the Grand Hyatt's horrible smokey smelling rooms.

But let's talk about the awesome Intercontinental. What a treat. Beautiful rooms, soft sumptuous beds, wonderful large bathrooms with big soaking tubs and a separate shower. Fabulous views of the fabulous city of Atlanta.

The staff was a bit cool, but efficient and I really have nothing to complain about in that department. Just not overly welcoming I guess.

Parking valet (or self if you want to go that way) is expensive and Internet prices are kind of high for the speed you get (sloooow), but over all, I was thrilled with the Intercontinental. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

A fabulous, new, posh hotel in Buckhead.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kaatiya
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Hotel was very nice. The service in XO was wonderful as was the food and drinks. The bell staff, housekeeping and Concierge were all very helpful and all did their jobs with a smile on their face. The room was very clean and comfortable. The décor in the room was very tasteful. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I booked this hotel on priceline, its the one I wanted and got lucky. The parking was high, 20 bucks to park in a garage however you are in Buckhead and the garage was very well secured and safe. More then 30 bucks to valet so no thank you. When you get there to check in just go to the garage in the back and grab a ticket and park. They will give you a card when you check in to come in and out whenever for free. The Staff was friendly but not southern type friendly, more new york. Upon reservation I asked for a high floor and was allowed without problem the 18th floor which gave us a great view of buckhead. The mini bar is not as bad as some people say, just dont take things out if you dont plan to use it. I had a coke cause I had some lonely Jim. 3.50 for that but thats ok. Room was very clean, bed was the best I have slept in and that includeds some top marriotts and westins. Bathroom was the best part, large tub - wish it had jacuzzi jets, nice shower and marble everywhere. Free robes for small-medium people but at 6-4 they were to small for me. Elevators are very fast, bar was busy friday night but not crazy. Its a nice hotel but not worth full price. I would book on a discount site then upgrade to club and save 50-100 bucks. Club level would be nice. Dress decent here cause jeans dont really cut it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank auburnnole
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I made a reservation at this hotel for a conference, and immediately canceled it due to an appointment conflict. A month later, I have been charged a "no-show" fee even though I had already canceled the reservation. I called "Nadine", the reservations manager, who sternly told me that there is nothing they can do. I was then put in contact with someone at their executive office who told me the same thing. And she even had the audacity to finish the telephone conversation with "Have I addressed all your needs. Is there anything else I can help you with?", like a slap in the face. How ridiculous is that?! I am advising my staff and all organizations affiliated with my company that they are not to stay at Intercontinental Hotels for their business travels from now on. That will amounts to tens of thousands of dollars lost , over one stupid fake "no-show" fee. Great work Intercontinental "executives" at retaining customers.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Viddy9
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The hotel was very well designed and spacious. Our room was very large, got upgraded to club level. Soaking Tub and huge separate shower were great. Pool was also very large and nice. Service was good, with the exception of bellhop.

It is a little far from city center, but MARTA is very close. Piedmont and Peachtree can take you to most locations tourist want to go. Buckhead is a great place to eat or shop. The tapas bar, Eclipse de Luna is 5 minutes away and one of my ATL favs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The rooms were lovely, the bath tub was incredible, and the staff was willing to go out of their way for us. We brought our own DVD player and couldn't get it to work on the TV. We called down to ask for directions and and engineer was in our room 5 minutes later, hooking it up! The only downside...the bed was terribly uncomfortable. Way too soft. We sank into the middle.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple