“Valentines Day Special” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Georgia
“Valentines Day Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

I stayed here 2/14/09 and had a great V-Day! This hotel was very nice. I only had a few complaints that I will put at bottom.

When we arrived, the valet service was very friendly. Even though there were so many people around they were not running around frantically. They remained very professional.

Check-In: Was very quick. We recieved a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite (had a living room area). The front desk was very friendly. Most of them spoke with accents.

The room was very nice and had a decent view. Rose petals were laid everywhere, champagne was out and chocolate covered strawberries complimented the mood. Slow, soft music was already playing.

The Bar: This is where everyone was. The bartenders were quick and friendly.

In Room Dining: We had breakfast delivered to our room set up for us. (Free with our valentines day package. Other wise it would have been $52) The breakfast was delicious. Sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, and a muffin {with a tomato on the side} and a glass of orange juice and water. Breakfast filled us up. They came and removed the breakfast table when we called and told them we were done.

The Club Lounge: On the 21st floor you have a relaxing lounge. You have to have accesss to the lounge. (A litte too quiet for me) We visited the lounge around 1pm and they had cold sandwich squares, salad, fresh fruit, desert, and a selection of beverages.

Tips:
Carry your key everywhere.
You need key to access lounge, fitness center, and pool.

Bring extra spending money.
Cause everything is expesive.

My complaints:
Although I gave it 5 stars there were a few things that bothered me.
At check-in I don't think the clerk knew everything thing that was included in my package. I had access to lounge but key wasn't working. He also said I would have to pay for the internet. But free internet was included in my package. I also was suppose to be on the 19-22 floor. I guess they accidently gave my room away so I was on the 5th floor. I wanted to be higher. Thats why they gave us a complimentary upgrade.

When I got to room housekeeper was still in there. The problem with this is that the hotel called me a week before and asked me what time I would be arriving so that they can have the room ready. I told them 5:30 so they said it will be ready by 4:30. I arrived at 6:30 Atlanta traffic was horrible. The room was ready but the housekeeper was still in there.

The mini bar was way too expensive. A mini-bag of M&Ms was $3.00 way too much. A bottle of water was like $9. Don't even open the minibar if you don't have too. If you move one thing they charge you. They charged me $20 but took it off at checkout.

The lounge closed way too early. 8pm. But at least the bar stays open till 2am.

Overall, I enjoyed by experience and would stay here again if I had the choice.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TwinkleShiningStar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

This hotel is Fabulous! I planned a surprise getaway for the love of my life. I am a city girl and he is a "country boy" who had no desire to visit an upscale hotel such as this. He simply thought that it was a waste of good money. By the end of the trip, he had a change of heart.

From beginning until the end, the customer service was excellent. Valet brought the car around within a reasonable time, front desk made check in easy and pleasurable- they responded to calls timely, concierge was very helpful in locating the best chocolate covered strawberries in the area, the hotel provide complimentary driver services to nearby attractions and this was great---the vehicle was nice and it felt good to be chauffeured around-which made shopping easy , room service staff delivered food timely and fresh, restaurant staff was very friendly and professional. If you are not familiar with the cuisine, the chef is great and can create a familiar dish (he had the chef create shrimp pasta and it was perfect). The waiter made a small mistake of delivering my entrée prior to my appetizer and without prompting, he offered a glass of the best wine as well as the appetizer for free (valued 40.00). Be careful with room-service though, the charges already include a delivery fee and gratuity which are a bit pricey.

The king suite-cute! A few balloons, wine chilling on ice,, chocolate covered strawberries on a nice platter, and a few candles accenting the room with a magnificent view of Stone Mountain and the Lenox mall was breath taking. Needles to say, our trip was awesome, the room and restaurant made for great romantic chemistry and we can’t wait to return for our next visit. You must definitely make this a lover’s getaway. Ooooh, live Jazz in the lobby makes for nice romantic walks…… Enjoy-We Did! He is now searching for the next hotel to plan our next upscale getaway!

• Liked — Corteous & Professional Staff
  • Disliked — Hotel offered no souveiners with hotel name on it!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Demi2009
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2009

The people are the most courteous and helpful hotel staff I've ever encountered. Everyone from the Business manager on duty to the bellman remembered my name for the entire duration of my stay. The build quality and materials used in everything from dinner china, to furniture, to the feel of the elevator buttons is awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Also, they've got a free car service to any destination within 2 miles of the hotel. This includes the mall down the road, and Sambuca, a great restaurant and the best in Atlanta for live music.

My only complaint, is that it's overpriced, even by hotel standards. It's like the girl who's hot and knows it. The Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta is an amazing hotel, and they know it.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The price of room service
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

This really is a great hotel, but my trouble started when I needed to ask a few questions about the area. The staff were extremely unfriendly, never looking you in the eye, and acted like I was bothering them.

We ran across a rude staffmember at the desk when we called to ask about the hotel's shuttle. Our plan was to have my wife sleep in while I took the shuttle to my meeting. The front desk seemed annoyed that I would call them with questions about the shuttle, telling me to call the concierge or the bellman. Excuse me!

So the moring of my meeting arrived, and there is no shuttle. The driver had called in sick, and I guess the manager was unwilling to have a different staff member fill in ( although there were 4 or 5 staff standing around the front entrance doing nothing)

Poor staff management, plain and simple.

This is a great hotel, located in a really neat part of Atlanta. The service, however, is lacking. You will enjoy this hotel unless you need to hotel to actually help you with something, whether it is a lack of creamer in the room or the use of adverstised services.

We did get an apology from the manager on duty regarding the shuttle on the day we checked out. The MOD the day of my meeting, however, seemed to be irritated that any guest would have the nerve to ask about the shuttle on a Saturday.

• Liked — The facility is fantastic. It has a great location and is a beautiful hotel.
  • Disliked — The attitude of individual staff. I suspect it is the result of poor management.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

We just got home from 5 days at the Intercontinental Buckhead, and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, from the front desk, to the door men, drivers, etc. The area is wonderful with plenty of lovely restaurants, and 2 beautiful high end malls with walking distance. Our room was very nice, but not exceptional given the very high price we paid. Lovely bathroom and tub. The TV was not a flatscreen, which was a little disappointing. We also took the train to and from the hotel, and it was seemless. Very clean, although I was bothered for some time by a homeless person on the train during the early morning trip to the airport, unfortunately. Overall I would love to stay at this hotel again if ever we are in town in the future.

1 Thank TrickyTania
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

We had 2 rooms here for 3 days Thanksgiving week. The price of $169 included the breakfast buffet (but not parking) and seemed very good. Beautiful hotel, rooms, gym, etc. but our coffee maker did not come with coffee, only decaf, all three nights. The front desk told us they had run out but managed to come up with one packet for us. Our last day there the shampoo in both bathrooms inexplicably disappeared. It really irks me to have to call down for every little thing and then tip whoever eventually shows up with the needed item.
One morning someone came to refresh the wet bar and scolded my husband because I was keeping a small carton of yogurt cold in the frig. Geez!

• Stayed November 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sharon2004
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

I was a guest at the Intercontinental Buckhead on November 18-21, 2008 while attending a conference held at the hotel.
As many have suggested, i took the MARTA train from the airport to the Buckhead station about 1.5 blocks from the hotel. The trains ran promptly and the stations were clean and orderly. Definitely the way to get from the airport to the hotel as traffic can be a challenge. The walk from the MARTA station to the hotel was approximately five minutes.
Check in was easy and efficient and I was in my room in mere minutes. Perhaps because I am a Priority Club member, I received a corner room with a view of downtown through one window and Stone Mountain through the other. Because I had a corner room, I experienced very little noise from adjoining rooms even though the hotel was at capacity. The room was nicely furnished and everything worked. The room and bathroom were impeccably clean at all times. Only a minor negative could be mentioned as the room still sported a tube televison (my pet peeve) rather than a flat panel television seen in most 4 and 5 star hotels these days. Perhaps this will be rectified with the coming digital broadcast conversion.
Food provided by the hotel through the conference was quite good. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant nor did I use room service. I was able to find good dining choices within walking distance of the hotel and I am sure there are many within a short cab (or Bentley) ride. The hotel appeared to have a very popular bar scene as well. Had I not chosen to have dinner elsewhere, I could have easily spent my entire time at the hotel without leaving the premises.
I used the business center and found everything I needed. I did not use the in-room internet. I did not use the spa or fitness center.
Check out as with my check in was fast, efficient and professional.
In summary, a very positive experience at the Intercontinetal Buckhead.

• Liked — Great hotel in a great location
  • Disliked — Time to convert to flat panel televisions
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business