InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
$460
$417
Cancelon
2,999 results
All reviewssouthern artbourbon barham barclub levelseparate showerroom servicestone mountainself parkingmini barbeautiful hotelturn down servicecorner roomthe ritzfitness centerfour seasonsmarta stationbuckhead
Reviewed February 3, 2009

The people are the most courteous and helpful hotel staff I've ever encountered. Everyone from the Business manager on duty to the bellman remembered my name for the entire duration of my stay. The build quality and materials used in everything from dinner china, to furniture, to the feel of the elevator buttons is awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Also, they've got a free car service to any destination within 2 miles of the hotel. This includes the mall down the road, and Sambuca, a great restaurant and the best in Atlanta for live music.

My only complaint, is that it's overpriced, even by hotel standards. It's like the girl who's hot and knows it. The Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta is an amazing hotel, and they know it.

Reviewed January 31, 2009

This really is a great hotel, but my trouble started when I needed to ask a few questions about the area. The staff were extremely unfriendly, never looking you in the eye, and acted like I was bothering them.

We ran across a rude staffmember at the desk when we called to ask about the hotel's shuttle. Our plan was to have my wife sleep in while I took the shuttle to my meeting. The front desk seemed annoyed that I would call them with questions about the shuttle, telling me to call the concierge or the bellman. Excuse me!

So the moring of my meeting arrived, and there is no shuttle. The driver had called in sick, and I guess the manager was unwilling to have a different staff member fill in ( although there were 4 or 5 staff standing around the front entrance doing nothing)

Poor staff management, plain and simple.

This is a great hotel, located in a really neat part of Atlanta. The service, however, is lacking. You will enjoy this hotel unless you need to hotel to actually help you with something, whether it is a lack of creamer in the room or the use of adverstised services.

We did get an apology from the manager on duty regarding the shuttle on the day we checked out. The MOD the day of my meeting, however, seemed to be irritated that any guest would have the nerve to ask about the shuttle on a Saturday.

Reviewed January 19, 2009

We just got home from 5 days at the Intercontinental Buckhead, and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, from the front desk, to the door men, drivers, etc. The area is wonderful with plenty of lovely restaurants, and 2 beautiful high end malls with walking distance. Our room was very nice, but not exceptional given the very high price we paid. Lovely bathroom and tub. The TV was not a flatscreen, which was a little disappointing. We also took the train to and from the hotel, and it was seemless. Very clean, although I was bothered for some time by a homeless person on the train during the early morning trip to the airport, unfortunately. Overall I would love to stay at this hotel again if ever we are in town in the future.

1  Thank TrickyTania
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We had 2 rooms here for 3 days Thanksgiving week. The price of $169 included the breakfast buffet (but not parking) and seemed very good. Beautiful hotel, rooms, gym, etc. but our coffee maker did not come with coffee, only decaf, all three nights. The front desk told us they had run out but managed to come up with one packet for us. Our last day there the shampoo in both bathrooms inexplicably disappeared. It really irks me to have to call down for every little thing and then tip whoever eventually shows up with the needed item.
One morning someone came to refresh the wet bar and scolded my husband because I was keeping a small carton of yogurt cold in the frig. Geez!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HannahKeane
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I was a guest at the Intercontinental Buckhead on November 18-21, 2008 while attending a conference held at the hotel.
As many have suggested, i took the MARTA train from the airport to the Buckhead station about 1.5 blocks from the hotel. The trains ran promptly and the stations were clean and orderly. Definitely the way to get from the airport to the hotel as traffic can be a challenge. The walk from the MARTA station to the hotel was approximately five minutes.
Check in was easy and efficient and I was in my room in mere minutes. Perhaps because I am a Priority Club member, I received a corner room with a view of downtown through one window and Stone Mountain through the other. Because I had a corner room, I experienced very little noise from adjoining rooms even though the hotel was at capacity. The room was nicely furnished and everything worked. The room and bathroom were impeccably clean at all times. Only a minor negative could be mentioned as the room still sported a tube televison (my pet peeve) rather than a flat panel television seen in most 4 and 5 star hotels these days. Perhaps this will be rectified with the coming digital broadcast conversion.
Food provided by the hotel through the conference was quite good. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant nor did I use room service. I was able to find good dining choices within walking distance of the hotel and I am sure there are many within a short cab (or Bentley) ride. The hotel appeared to have a very popular bar scene as well. Had I not chosen to have dinner elsewhere, I could have easily spent my entire time at the hotel without leaving the premises.
I used the business center and found everything I needed. I did not use the in-room internet. I did not use the spa or fitness center.
Check out as with my check in was fast, efficient and professional.
In summary, a very positive experience at the Intercontinetal Buckhead.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business