“Overnight in Atl”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went for an overnight stay with friends. I will return to this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were awesome. Room service was excellent. If you want a slice of heaven on earth, try the grilled pimento and cheese.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmac5300
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, jmac5300! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Intercontinental, Buckhead, Atlanta. The general atmosphere at the hotel is one of service with a smile and professionalism. The first person I met was Kenneth the Door Man and he greeted me as if I had been there several times before. It was my first time. My room on the 20th floor provided me with views of the city skyline as well as of a more wooded area. If you select a Club Room it comes with free Wifi and access to the Club Lounge. If you are like me and do not eat a heavy breakfast, then there is no need to upgrade to the Business Package which includes full buffet breakfast at the restaurant as the Club Room's access to the Lounge comes with Continental Breakfast (which is a little more than continental - eggs, cold cuts were included).

The Club Lounge got busy at times especially with little children as part of families and the staff appeared to be stretched to keep up, but their pleasant disposition covered well for this.

The room was well designed and maintained. Definitely a hotel that I'd return to over and over again.

Room Tip: A corner room will give you a blend of skyline views and woodlands
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank trinitraveler42

Greetings from Atlanta, trinitraveler42! I want to thank you for submitting such a thorough, kind review of your recent experience with us. You struck a chord when you said “Definitely a hotel that I'd return to over and over again”. Really and truly, comments like these exemplify all that we strive for! As a AAA FiveDiamond hotel we take pride in every facet of our guest experience (quality, service, amenity offerings, associate professionalism, etc.), and I’m thrilled that these were apparent during your visit. Thank you again for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Came to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was all great. There is a very reasonable birthday package and the cake, balloons and in our case chocolate milk were there when we checked in! This is a very nice hotel with great staff and service and clean big rooms. Just wouldn't bother with the Southern Arts restaurant food ok but boy slow gets old. Great job hotel staff thanks for making the surprise work!

Stayed: August 2014

Greetings, Hockeybo! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you very much for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon for another getaway! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Straight off the bat - the nasty whirlpool ruined my birthday stay at my favorite hotel in Atlanta. I live here and to get away - I visit this hotel . I left a hotel in Atlanta from a overnight surprise from my friends to finish my birthday here. My girlfriend and I went to the pool, which is amazing, the best I have seen. So after soaking up sun, chatting about how awesome the pool is and the view we headed 10 feet over to the whirlpool (see photos). I usually use caution when entering whirlpools, but I had so much trust in this hotel that I did not check. My girlfriend said, yuk ewww look at the grime. I immediately felt awful and just thought of the exposure to the unknown . I was embarrassed because she was my guest at my favorite spot which I have brought her to at least 3 times this year. I spoke with the front desk (Kyle) and requested he see this first hand before I left the area. He assured me that a rep. would (I requested more than housekeeping ). We'll no one came and we stayed until 857 pm and I calls at 645pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunshinejordan

Hello, sunshinejordan. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed here for a conference. I enrolled in the Ambassador Club (US $200) at the front desk during check-in hoping to land a nice room upgrade and partake in the benefits thereof. That was definitely a mistake.

The Ambassador literature promises a room upgrade, fresh fruit in your room, in-room water (I'm assuming that's not from the sink), and an in-room gift. I'm not sure about the room upgrade since it was pretty small, although nice. There definitely wasn't fresh fruit, bottled water, or an in-room gift.

I was given the privilege of paying an extra $30 per day (on top of the $200 Ambassador Club fee) to access the Club Level which was nice, although again, not worth the price. The same food items were served every day. You'd think they would offer some variety.

One other irritant was their directive that no food or drink was to be taken from the Club and that each additional guest had to pay the $30 fee. I complied but saw many infractions go unchallenged. One lady asked for a tray to take four plates piled (I mean PILED!) high with enough food for eight people back to her room. The attendant happily complied. I also overheard a family with three teenage children saying what a "steal" it was by only paying for the father with the mother and teenagers eating and drinking for "free" for the week they were there.

Enough on the ambASSador Club (that's what I felt like after almost $350). On to the hotel itself.

It has a wonderful entry, staffed with friendly, caring employees. The restaurant has an amazing ham bar (I tried many different mouthwatering samples) and a bourbon bar that's very cool.

I ate there once when they opened at 5:30 PM. My server didn't arrive until 6:00 PM although my server assistant capably answered my questions, took my order, and served my appetizer and entree. My server arrived to check on my satisfaction and give me my bill. I have no clue why I was seated in a server-less section. Maybe because I was wearing jeans ...

From that point on, I ordered room service that was very prompt. Try the shrimp and grits, and fried chicken. Very good! I didn't enjoy the teriyaki wings - they were small and had bits of broken bone in almost every piece that you couldn't see, but discovered when you were crunching them in your mouth. The burger was average, but cooked perfectly. The pizza was average to a little below average.

The room itself, as mentioned earlier, was small but nice with just a few condition issues: worn spots in the middle of the bedspread; some dust bunnies in the ceiling corners, especially by the HVAC return vents; and the occasional scratches on furniture.

Cleanliness was good although the shower had a very long hair on one of the walls at eye level. Water pressure was good as was the hot water. The walk-in shower was nice and there was a full-size bath. The TV was a good size although located at the side of the bed - not conducive to watching TV in bed - with a good selection of clear reception channels.

Overall, I think I would try at least one other high-end hotel in the Buckhead area before I stayed here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EBart06

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, EBart06. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We came as a family of three for a short overnight stay for my sons 16th birthday. The staff was quick and prompt at check in and we were in our gorgeous room overlooking downtown Atlanta in no time. I would have to say that in every aspect this hotel exceeded our expectations! In the afternoon and later in the evening we sat in the lounge and had a few cocktails and appetizers which were just outrageously scrumptious! A HAM bar?! It was super amazing and my husband and son were able to munch on all the differnet regional hams. the bar area and ham bar reminded me of Europe. I will point out that other parents have apparently taken advantage of the 'bar area' and have brought young kids into the inside part of the bar. That is no longer allowed and all children are to eat in the open area where they can fiddle around and also not hear "bar talk". We had absolutely no problem with that and appreciate the bar manager's awareness. Also, we were kicking back chatting and Tim Roth, Common, Nicey Nash and David Oyelow walk past us and have a seat for a cocktail too. Talk about making a memory! We did get signatures and photos with them and they were so nice. I highly recommend staying here, we were only there for a night but have packed wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kemptons

Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, Kemptons! I want to personally thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us because, after all, we value and look forward to guest feedback of any kind. As simple as it sounds, our goal is for each and every guest to have a great stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to really get a feel for all of our offerings, including Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, our in-house restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith. And, as you mentioned, Ham Bar is truly a one of a kind experience! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel for a work conference but would definitely stay here for a pleasure trip. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, the restaurant was delicious and the location could not have been better. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and this is definitely a step above the rest.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jwbfromMA

I’m very much humbled by your enthusiastic review, jwbfromMA! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.