“Wonderful Stay-will definately stay here again”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Wonderful Stay-will definately stay here again”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff was wonderful and attentive. The hotel is very well appointed, clean and luxurioius. Loved the lobby with the vast wide open ceilings and windows. The bourbon bar was nice and service was great. Rooms were quiet with super comfy beds and linens. Upper scale vanity items in bathroom and shower. Giant tub. Our room faced downtown so we had a lovely veiw of the Atlanta city lights. We had breakfast downstairs the next morning and it was the BEST fruit, granola and yogurt mix I have ever had! Drizzled with honey, lemon juice and a dusting of lemon zest. I cant wait to stay there again and eat this again. I was amazed at how something so simple could be so decadent and delicious. Bellstaff, frontdesk, cleaning staff, parking attendants and doormen were all terrific! We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing downtown Atlanta was lovely because you could see all the lights of the city
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Sweetgeorgiacin... l
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review, Sweetgeorgiacinl! As you most likely witnessed, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for letting us know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon (perhaps for some of Southern Art's organic yogurt?). Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We had such a lovely stay! The staff was so friendly and attentive. Our room had a magnificent view of Buckhead, and it was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast downstairs at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar. We are looking forward to staying here again in the future!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I’m very much humbled by your enthusiastic review, Walksonthebeach! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a repeat visit at the Intercontinental. The first few times it was hard to compare the service. This time, however, I was disappointed. For a hotel of this caliber, I thought there were too many slips in service. I received a wake up call my first morning at 5:30 a.m. for the wrong room, the coffee was not replenished the next day and the third day the room was not cleaned until I called at 5:00 p.m. Not what I expect from an Intercontinental.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank harryl2001
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello, harryl2001. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to further discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed February 20-23, with three month advanced reseravations. When we arrived both rooms booked weren't ready. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon. Sorry I'm bad with names, the gentleman checking us in wasn't helpful. He told us to just go to the Executive lounge and have a snack, like it was a perk that we didn't already pay for with our stay.

I requested to see the manager. The manager told us the people in one of our requested rooms were now checking out and she would send the other room key up to the room available. She also gave us two additional free breakfast tickets.

Off we went with the help of very friendly bellmen. A hour later I called requesting to get in the other room because we were a group of six females. The manager said she was sorry and she will compensate us with an upgrade on the top floor. An upgrade is what she gave us. The bellmen returned and escorted us to the ambassador suite with a connecting room.

The room was gorgeous, with great views of buckhead. This was more than enough. The room had three bathrooms, surround sound system, several closets, executive club, free wifi, nicely stocked mini bar, the attached room, 24hrs room service, turn down service, and other luxury commodations.

The executive lounge was a perfect perk. In the morning breakfast was a huge spread. Lunch was usually junk food snacks. Appetizers and open bar in the evening from 5-7pm were the best and right on.

Room service food came cold so not good. Housekeeping not good. The lobby bar, bartenders, and bacon cheeseburgers served there were good. I checked in on the gym, pool, and spa looked great. Hotel restaurant for breakfast buffet good with made to order omletes and waffles.

Overall the stay was lovely. If I am ever in the Buckhead area again I would definitely stay here. Only problem the cleaning staff needs more training on cleaning the rooms and room service needs to serve hot food. When you go if things don't go as planned, ask for a manager because they aim to please.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank senkia22carter
Hello and thank you for the flattering review, senkia22carter! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your suite upgrade during your girls getaway weekend. If you had a south-facing suite I know you must have truly enjoyed the spectacular skyline views (I know I sure do). Our Ambassador Suite is quite the versatile space, offering many different configurations and connecting guest room options. Regardless if you're traveling with others or by yourself, there's plenty of room to spread out and relax. With that said, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your experience; please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in Buckhead! The room was spacious & luxurious...perfect for romantic weekend away or business travelers. The staff was wonderful, especially Kyle at the front desk. The location was perfect for hanging out in Buckhead or quick access to downtown Atlanta.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
It is so humbling to read your oh-so-kind review, Alabamagirl6! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing and, additionally, for choosing us during your recent visit to Atlanta. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Kyle's service; I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Kyle as he exemplifies everything that is so wonderful about our top-notch team of professionals here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta. I’m thrilled that you had such a wonderful couples getaway; won’t you come back and see us again soon? Safe travels.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the InterContinental Buckhead on a business trip - the rooms were of a very high standard, modern and clean; with all the amenities needed and a comfortable bed.

The hotel has a restaurant and bar, but is priced slightly higher than the area average - there are a modest amount of bars and restaurants in the area as alternatives.

There is a good sized pool and Jacuzzi and very good gym facilities.

I'd recommend the hotel for a stay, both personal and business. However, the location is not central, bear this in mind when you're booking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, mrleewilliams! Thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts about your recent experience with us. I’m so pleased that you had a comfortable stay and, furthermore, I'm thrilled that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our second floor Fitness Center. With multiple cardio machines and ample free weights, our fully equipped gym offers fantastic views up and down famed Peachtree Road. Thanks again for the review and I hope that you'll come back to see us soon. Safe travels!
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a part business/girls weekend in March.

The good:
The rooms are immaculate and have large whirlpool tubs with stand up showers, fluffy feather beds and city scape views. The toiletries were not impressive but did smell nice. The abundance of towels and glassware was fantastic. The lobby and lounge area are great for working, socializing or snacking/sipping. We had a great day in the spa with luxurious massages.

The best part though were the bell & valet staff! Vincent brought our bags to the room and gave us all the dirt on great lounges, food and music in the area. Mr. Alamas (sp?) from Ethiopia was so incredibly helpful getting us directions and assistance to local stores. He went out of his way to help and w as gracious beyond belief! Likewise the lead bellman is professionalism personified. What great additions to our stay!

The Bad:
Honestly, not much. The price is competitive and the value is high. The only issue I had was how many music stations are piped into the lobby. Jazz from bourbon bar, ambient from the lobby and standards from the restaurant... All at once. Other than that, it was great! I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings from Atlanta, romarosie! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. I cannot wait to pass along your kind words to Vincent and the entire team! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback; regardless whether it's for business or pleasure (perhaps another girls getaway weekend?), we'd love to see you again soon! Safe travels.