“FANTASTIC”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

They always treat me so lovely! I love being an Ambassador! I got upgraded to an Ex Suite, not the Ambassador like usually..someone was in it :-( Neighbors complained that we were to loud. You would think that they would have sound proof walls in between the rooms, especially if you have a suite and their is a doorbell so you will not knock and disturb other guest.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello, 4realtiff. Thank you for the "fantastic" review; we love having you as an Ambassador as well! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your suite upgrade. If you had a south-facing suite I know you must have truly enjoyed the spectacular skyline views (I know I sure do). Our Executive Suites are quite the versatile guest room, offering many different configurations and connecting guest room options. Regardless if you're traveling with others or by yourself, there's plenty of room to spread out and relax. With that said, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your experience once again; please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and unfortunately was only in Buckhead for one night. The service is FANTASTIC! Every single employee appears to genuinely care about meeting and exceeding your every need. The hotel is beautiful and very clean and the beds are scrumptious! Try to get a room on floor 15 and above facing Peachtree and you'll be treated to a great view of the city at night!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, BRBL0426! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your conference and experience with us (we wish you could have stayed longer as well!). We truly do pride ourselves on providing exemplary guest service--service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. Each and every year we must re-apply and undergo a stringent review from AAA in order to continue to receive this coveted designation. And, as one of the very few hotels in Atlanta with this designation, we owe a debt of gratitude to our guests who continue to allow us to serve them each and every day. When can you come back and allow us to welcome you again? Regardless of whether your travels are for business or pleasure, we're here to serve your each and every need. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Whenever my wife and I want to take a break, the first hotel we check is the InterContinental in Buckhead. It's a perfect getaway spot traveling from Charleston, SC. The staff there is great and always willing to help in any way possible. My wife LOVES the in house spa and we usually end each night at the Bourbon Bar! We do miss the old French restaurant which use to be there, but Southern Art is still a great place to eat. The overall atmosphere is perfect for an upscale getaway at a reasonable price. If you're anywhere in Atalanta, you must check it out!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Atlanta, 1N1! I want to thank you for not only your continued loyalty to our hotel, but also for taking a moment to share your thoughts regarding your most recent visit. I'm so happy that you mentioned SPA InterContinental, as it is one of our most regarded and oh-so-relaxing amenities. In fact, our spa utilizes only all-organic products for our entire menu of procedures and therapies. I like to believe that you truly haven't relaxed until you've experienced a 90-minute deep tissue massage at the hands of one of our expertly trained therapists! Thank you again for the very kind review; please stop by and see us again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ask for the Corner King! I love to visit Buckhead for the shopping and dining out. This is my favorite hotel to stay in this area. It's within walking distance of many great dining and night spots. The Bar in the hotel is nice and the Breakfast bar is yummy. The entire ambiance of this hotel is great! Have Fun!

Room Tip: Corner King!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hello, BabaGal! I certainly "had fun" reading your fantastic review! Thanks so much for letting us know your thoughts regarding your recent stay. Even though Augusta isn't all that far from us here in Atlanta, I know it must be wonderful escaping for a few nights to our wonderful neighborhood, Buckhead. As you mentioned, we're located just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; please stop by and see us again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel at least 3 times/month for work and I absolutely love it!!! The staff is so friendly and everything is so clean!!! The restaurant is wonderful and the location is hard to beat!!! My one and only complaint: the room can never get cold enough! Be sure to turn the AC as low as it will go as soon as you arrive. It might be 69-70 degrees by bedtime.

• Stayed: August 2013

Greetings from your "second home", SDSpence! Wow, I can't thank you enough for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. Really and truly, we value your business and enjoy welcoming you back, time after time. Since our opening nearly ten years ago, we've amassed many loyal, repeat guests, and I can honestly tell you that we never take a single guest for granted. This mindset harkens back to our AAA Five Diamond philosophy and our quest to exceed expectations 100% of the time. With that said, thank you for letting us know how we're doing (and for the kind words). We're looking forward to welcoming you "home" once again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife & I stopped off for a weekend in Atlanta after dropping off our daughter at college for the Fall semester. Kind of a little "vacation" for all the planning and packing & moving we have been doing to get her off. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool and the room was absolutely fabulous! Big & roomy with a king size bed and a nice chair to relax in. Huge bathroom and lots of thick towels. Decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing. Very fresh and one of the best cheese plates we have had as an appetizer - make sure to add the Surryano Ham from the ham bar if you order the cheese plate. Excellent! After dinner we spent some time in the bourbon bar watching the mixologists in action and sampling their concoctions. Very enjoyable! Spent the whole day on Saturday at the hotel pool. What a great pool to relax in. I highly recommend the Intercontinental Buckhead when in Atlanta. Staff goes above and beyond the call of duty and couldn't be nicer. Anything you need, they will get it for you. Great location right in the middle of Buckhead restaurants & shopping. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area. Great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for the oh-so-kind review, SCTravelForFun! I must say, I believe you experienced just about every possible amenity here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta; what a lovely vacation! I would have to recommend that, upon your next visit, you experience our all-organic SPA InterContinental. Located right off of the pool, our spa offers every imaginable relaxation therapy from gentlemen's facials to deep tissue couples massages. Whatever your desires may be, we're more than happy to accommodate. Thank you again for sharing your experience; please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Whenever I come to Atlanta (anywhere near Buckhead), the Intercontinental Hotel is where I stay. I travel quite a bit and Intercontinental Hotels are great, but the one in Buckhead is my all-time favorite. This hotel is luxury at its finest. The Club Lounge (free of charge) served cocktails, sushi, h'orderves this evening. From Willie the bell-man, with his helpfulness and humor (felt like I had my own personal butler) to Nyck and Kerry Ann in the business center (so knowledgeable and helpful) to that big awesome comfy bed with all of those pillows, I don't know why anyone would want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello from a not so distant Atlanta, Msliz1122! I must say, I'm humbled by your flattering review and kind words; thank you. Your last sentence includes the comment: "I don't know why anyone would want to stay anywhere else". Well, this is music to our ears. You see, our never-ending goal is to be the hotel of choice for each and every one of our guests. Really and truly, we thrive on exceeding expectations and providing a guest experience that is warm, comfortable and accommodating. I want to thank you again for your kind words and ongoing loyalty. When can we welcome you back again? Safe travels.