“Excellent hotel & rewards program”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #13 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
McDonough, GA
“Excellent hotel & rewards program”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental this past weekend to celebrate my best friend's birthday. Because I knew we would all end up gathering in my room I reserved a King size suite - however since I am an Ambassador loyalty program member when I arrived they advised me that I had been upgraded to the Presidental suite. This one upgrade has more than payed for the price of membership. Everyone at the hotel from the bellmen to the front desk to housekeeping are super helpful. Whenever I stay in the Buckhead area this will definitely be my new Hotel Choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ponder72
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, ponder72. I’m thrilled that you and your friends had a wonderful birthday experience with us! You know, we thoroughly enjoy upgrading our guests whenever availability allows as we want each and every guest to have the most comfortable, memorable experience possible. At nearly 2,000 square feet our Presidential Suite is the perfect place to celebrate that special occasion! Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing. Come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I visited the Intercontinental this past weekend with girlfriends, for a Mama/teacher getaway. I guess I foolishly (?) booked a room on Expedia, because when we arrived we were told we were going to be in a king suite and not receive the double beds we requested. The first night there were three of us - not really a great number for a king suite. I showed them my reservation and that we requested double beds, but were were told that a request did not equal a guarantee. I tried to keep my cool, but I was so frustrated I was literally shaking. I ended up sleeping on a roll-away bed for Friday night that required some MacGuyver-esque moves to heft and worm into our pretty small room. We were able to switch rooms for Saturday night, thank goodness, and the lady at the front desk was very helpful for this transition.

I've stayed at Intercontinental before and never had an issue. And I will say that during our stay all of the bellhops, valets, and the general manager were all attentive and polite. I just hate that their planning lacked common sense. Our reservation was for four adults (and paid an extra person fee) - how on earth the Intercontinental thought four women would fit in a king suite in one of their king suites defies logic and my imagination.

If you stay here, I would recommend calling the hotel and not making reservation requests via Expedia.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear anda319,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

luxury hotel in a great location
nice pool
very happening bar at night , lots of restaurants around . But even that the room is nice and roomy I found the 2 beds small
And as comfortable as the u expect from this level of hotel .
I asked for a king but they didn't have any rooms or just cause I didn't reserve the room directly from them ie i booked over one of the discount hotel place on the Internet .

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, Tildor. We certainly hope that you stay with us again next time you are back in Atlanta! We’re extremely proud of our class-leading amenities, whether it be oversized bedroom furniture with multiple pillow choices or seemingly small details such as a bathroom scale. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stay regularly at this hotel. We enjoy dining and shopping in Atlanta and always use the Intercontinental; and have NEVER had a bad experience. From the moment we arrive we are treated wonderfully. Our every need is met and the staff is always first rate! The rooms are comfy and feels like home. We joined the Ambassador Club and have become Platinum members to take advantage of the extra perks. The bar area is nice and the Southern Art restaurant has spectacular food. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from your “home away from home”, Craig C! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding our staff. You know, as a AAA Five Diamond property we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. This is precisely why I’m honored that you refer to our hotel as your “home away from home”. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back “home” again soon. Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My kids and I stayed her for the July 4th holiday to see the fireworks at Lenox Mall. The service was great and the room very comfortable. For dinner we ate at Southern Comfort as live soulful music transported us to another time. I would highly recommend trying the ham and cheese bar at Southern Comfort which is inside the hotel. All of the food was exquisite!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian C
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback, Brian C! I hope you and your family had a wonderful July 4th holiday here in Atlanta despite the torrential rains we received. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Southern Art and Ham Bar; isn’t the food simply delicious? Hopefully you had an opportunity to try one of Ham Bar’s charcuterie boards featuring artisan country hams from across the southeastern region. It truly is a “taste of the south”! Thanks again for your comments and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi....the staff was incredible! Bellmen, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant staff....did I mention the bellmen? Upon arrival (mid morning) we checked our bags so we could head to market. The last bus was about leave so one of the doormen flagged the driver and requested that he wait for us. When we returned to the hotel after a very long afternoon our bags were brought to our room by the ever-friendly bellmen Vincent! He told us everything the hotel had to offer and pointed out nearby restaurants for dinner. We were always greeted by the staff; and the driver, Clint, was most professional. We found everyone at this hotel to be extremely courteous & professional. The rooms were well appointed and all areas of the hotel were exceptional. We will definitely return to Intercontinental Buckhead when visiting ATL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, jrf1969! I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and found our staff to be accommodating and professional. You know, we recently received the coveted AAA Five Diamond award for the fifth consecutive year. What this means to our guests is that they will receive superior guest service throughout their InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta experience. We’re thankful for this designation, but we’re more thankful for our wonderful guests who return to us, time after time, for another extraordinary stay. Thank you again for your very kind comments and we cannot wait to see you again soon! Safe travels.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental Buckhead in July 2012 and enjoyed my long weekend stay. I especially enjoyed the live entertainment the lounge provided on saturday evening--it was a Jazz quartet and I sipped some cocktails and enjoyed the music. Room service was wonderful, my room was well apportioned and comfortable. The staff was helpful, friendly and accomodating. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Well, thank you so much for your kind words, chgomember! I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent weekend stay. Weekends are an “upbeat” time here in Buckhead, and especially at our signature Bourbon Bar. On any given weekend night you’ll find live jazz and blues music from hand-selected local artists. We know our guests as well as local Atlantans love the experience! Please feel free to check out our calendar of events for the latest Southern Art and Bourbon Bar entertainment schedule (southernart.com/events)! Safe travels and please do come back and see us again soon.