“5 star” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Opelika, Alabama
“5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel fits the definition of a 5 star hotel. I enjoyed everything about my stay. First, the staff was very friendly and enthusiastic; They were very helpful with all of my questions and concerns. Also, the hotel lobby and lounge area was A+. The environment was one of a kind. It was very clean and had a very relaxing, but fun feel to it. My room felt like home with the best view ever of downtown Atlanta and Stone Mountain. I purchased a birthday package, so my room had balloons, cake, and champagne upon arrival which will blow any significant other away. Also, the spa and pool area were top notch, even though I didn't get to swim. This hotel was walking distance from many of Buckhead's finest attractions, too. They offer a free service to take guests within a two mile radius, if needed. Overall, its the best hotel I've stayed in, and I will definitely revisit and recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L D B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This a very nice, high end hotel in the middle of the Buckhead area of Atlanta. Perhaps the best praise I can give this property is that nothing jumped out at me as anything less than what we all desire when traveling: easy check-in, quiet, well-appointed room, inviting public spaces, and helpful staff. I've never been a fan of turn-down service, although I always gobble up the chocolate left on the pillow. I was pleasantly surprised to also find my ice bucket had been filled on my first night there.

The two things that did register as less than optimal: first, speaking of inviting public spaces, the Bourbon Bar in the lobby is perhaps too inviting. Hotel guests enter through the lobby, but there is an outside door that leads directly into the bar from the street, with no host or anything else that might suggest to, say a homeless person, that this is not necessarily an appropriate place to hang out. Well as I'm enjoying my shrimp and grits and a delicious flight of Buffalo Trace bourbons, said homeless man walks in to enjoy the basketball game playing on the TV. Two wait staff asked if he wanted anything (he didn't). I did not complain, and wouldn't have if he simply watched the game. Unfortunately, he was capable of all manner of sounds, from clapping to hollers to whistles in an otherwise quiet bar. Finally a security guard escorted him out after about 15 minutes. Too long in my estimation.

Second issue is a minor one. I did not get my ice bucket filled the second night, which in itself was not a big deal. I called down to ask where the closest one was and was told it was across from room 11. Great. Unfortunately, the ice machine on my floor was broken and at least some staff knew it was broken as there was an apologetic sign posted. Yet this information did not make it into the hands of the hotel operator, who could have saved me a trip the wrong way.

Ok I spent a lot of bytes covering two fairly minor isssues. I was really quite pleased with my stay there and would recommend it to anyone looking for a well-maintained, luxury property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve V
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights, my room was nice, clean and the bed plush. I did like the separate tub in the bathroom. Overall a nice place to stay. I did not like room service, the food was horrible. I ordered a beet salad and the salad was wilted. I also ordered grilled cheese and the side fries looked as if they recycled from another plate. The Pinot noir was bad, low quality. Overall my salad, grilled cheese and 2 glasses of wine was horrible, and it only cost me 75$.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Me and my friend K.A.stayed here for the weekend we had a great relaxing time had a great view of the city the rooms was nice and clean and big and they had a live band down stairs if u just wanted to get out the room and have drinks I will stay here again soon so see u soon lol

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank trayjr
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

As the title reads, I have no complaints to speak of. IF I had to list one it would be that the gift shop is small, limited, and ultra-overpriced. What kind of complaint is that though? As a Marriott customer I must day I was impressed and delighted at the comfort of the Intercontinental. I was in town for a conference and the location is prime. Coffee shop near by - as well as restaurants and only a short distance from a mall if you are in need of one. Hopefully my company will continue to book the Intercontinental when available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Traci B
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel was nice and the bell men where extremely helpful. Be sure and ask for Jason to drive you to Lenox or Phipps. DO NOT order room service for Breakfast. I had my 2 grand babies spend the night with me and ordered what I told them was kids meals...as there was no menu in the room, and ended up paying over $85 for an order of pancakes and 2 eggs!

Other than the over priced kids breakfast in bed and pricey 35 valet parking...it was a nice stay!

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The stay was great. The service was excellent. The temperature in the room 14 floor was warm for me. Temp would only go to 70 and was hard to sleep comfortably. Discuss the Case with Jina at the front desk. Just asked me to tell someone next time and fill out this survey. I go to Buckhead a lot for business.

Room Tip: Try to get the name of some one to help you so you can get follow up on any problems you have and th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple