“Great place to stay in Atlanta”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #19 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had booked a room on hotwire but I was not aware that it doesnt guarantee a king bed. So there were only double rooms available when I arrived. So I upgraded for $100 more to get a king bed and Club Lounge access. Dont think the club lounge access was worth the money though. Since it didnt even cover parking. Parking was an additional 30$ per car.
The room was excellent, room service was prompt, great ambience. Loved the lobby area and the live music. Great location and shuttle service. and the front desk staff were great!

Room Tip: We got a corner room after upgrading to the Club lounge access. From the outside, it looked like the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

So glad you enjoyed the entertainment and hopefully the food and beverage offering in the lobby area – The Bourbon Bar, which has the largest and most complete selection of bourbons in the South. The rooms all have great views yet the corner room you got is spectacular with a city and Stone Mountain view. Next time, do book at InterContinental.com to book and you can choose you room type. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

-Patrick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,897)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had reserved 14 rooms as our family gathered for our son's wedding(not being held at the hotel). We made several requests to have the rooms as close together as possible. We especially emphasized that we needed an adjoining room for my mother in law who has dementia. Upon checking in we were told that there was an adjoining room but we got up to the room we saw that the room was not adjoining. We were apparently using the incorrect term and was then told that what we really wanted was a connecting room but that they dont have any of those. We were then told that they did find a connecting room for us and that they would send up a bellhop with the new key and that he would transfer us to the newer room. After 45 minutes and several calls to the desk(they insisted that someone was on the way up!) we went downstairs to get the new key and moved ourselves. The wait was exhausting for my mother in law as well as all of us who had spent the day traveling. None of the other rooms were close to one another even though we requested when the reservations were made and upon checkin. This set a very negative "tone" for what was supposed to be the beginning of a very special weekend for us.

On a different day I called to request that someone help to raise/open an umbrella at the pool(which is an unattended pool). It took several calls and 25 minutes before someone did come. Each time I called I was told that there was someone on the way.

Arrangements were made by my son with the front desk for the distribution of gift bags to his guests. I was in charge of delivering the bags to all the hotels as well as ours. The gentleman at the front "out of it" is the only way I can describe it. We could not make him understand what we wanted. It took about 15 minutes for us to make him understand even though my son had already filled out this in a written request and was told that all we had to do was rop off the bags and mention the name of the room block.

My daughters room had 2 double beds, one of which had some type of sandy debris at the foot of one of the beds on the first night. They requesed a chage of sheets the next day and then there was no more problems.

One of the other guests was told that their luggage would be sent up and it never was. She finally went downstairs and was told that there was a mix up in the names and she found her luggage unattended on a cart in the lobby.

Our first night we sat in the lobby and tried to order drinks. Service was very slow and the drinks were mixed drinks(apple martini and manhattan) that were awful. As more family came in, we continued to drink in the lobby on other days and nights and the service was much better but I had to caution my guests to keep their orders simple due to our experience the first night.

The hotel was very pretty, the rooms adequate in size. I was uncomfortable with the toilet and shower being in a sperate room BUT with no door to have any privacy from the sink area and tub.

The concierge was extremely competent and helpful on several occasions and different staff.
The breakfast buffet was great and the service there wonderful each morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheree7883

We are extremely disappointed to have dropped the ball so many times on such a special occasion. The details you mention are basic to our business and unacceptable. We will certainly ensure that the issues are addressed and I want to thank you for having taken the time to write this review for feedback is a gift and permits us to raise the bar. I am glad that you day started off with great breakfasts and that our restaurant and concierge lived up to our standards and were helpful. Please let me know when you travels bring you back to Atlanta and hopefully you can give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel! My husband and I have been to this hotel and absolutely loved it!!! I highly recommend the InterContinental Hotel to everyone. The customer service was excellent, the room was clean, and the food was excellent!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 17th floor have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Your review is music to our ears and motivates us to raise the bar. Thank you for sharing your comments and we are delighted you and your husband enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel;. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

A two night stay in Buckhead. Very nice room, staff very professional, within walking distance to Lenox Square, many nice restaurants, a Marta station 1 block away. Also a nice garden area in the back. Our room had a great view of Stone Mountain! Overall a perfect stay.

• Stayed: October 2012

Gazing at Stone Mountain on a beautiful blue skied Southern day is magical. “A perfect stay” – we are so thankful for you sharing this comment and thrilled we were able to meet your expectations. Buckhead is a great place to stay for shopping, eating and enjoying. Marta is smarter – we love our transportation system.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The front desk was wonderful. There was a guest that was out of sorts and the concierge kept calm. We got to our room and it was everything I had planned for my boyfriends birthday. After visiting the lovely club level room (worth the extra money!), we arrived back to our hotel only to soon receive a very nice cake for the celebration. We had cocktails at the club room before heading to Southern Art for dinner. Everything there was spectacular as well. Breakfast was wonderful, and I wish that bed was mine. The view was beautiful as well. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews. I planned to stay in midtown/downtown for the skyline and because I already live in Buckhead. However they were no match! They also have an affordable room with a fantastic bathtub. Also, my company had a meeting there the following week and everyone loved the place!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kmcurry72

We are thrilled you decided to stay with us for your special occasion. When you plan something like this, you definitely want every aspect to go well and we understand this. This is why we like for you to sit back and let us do all the work so you can relax and enjoy your occasion. Mentioning your company having a meeting here and enjoying it is icing on the cake for us. I hope that the next time you have a staycation you will choose us again. Thank you.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the InterContinental Buckhead. The rooms were beautiful with plush bedding, nice furniture and wonderful views. Extremely clean. Bathrooms had everything you could think a traveler would need in the "toiletry" department along with stand alone showers, huge deep tubs and plenty of towels. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We aim to please! Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor and I’m glad everything was to your satisfaction. Our bathtubs separate from the shower are unique and much appreciated, especially the soaking tubs. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Luxurious room and bathroom. Great amenities. Fun lobby bar. Club floor breakfast fabulous. The only negative was loud hallways at nite Saturday nite ( but in fairness it was the nite of the BET awards and there were an unusually high number of late night partiers) but surprising that hotel security could not keep the volume down. Perfect location

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Yes, unfortunately the weekend of the BET Awards brings a lot of excitement to the hotel and the city, thank you for understanding. I am glad you were still able to enjoy our wonderful rooms and the many amenities we have to offer. Please come back and visit us any time!