“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #151 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Piedmont, SC
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel was awful. Let me give you a few reasons why:

1) there was a HAIR ON THE BED
2) there was a dead cockroach stuck in the window
3) why are you still reading?? There was a HAIR ON THE BED!!!
4) towels were dirty
5) smoke alarm was hanging from the ceiling
6) tissues were a hot mess

This hotel had a false sense of security. They had "guards" in the lobby but I saw nothing more than "guards" hanging out and eating.

There is a restaurant across from the hotel. It's very loud.

There was a rainstorm the night I stayed there. The wind woke me up because the wind sounded like it was coming right through the windows.

I did not tell management about these problems until the next morning because I was tired from driving. The next morning I showed the desk clerk the pictures. He was apologetic and asked me to send the pics to him. While I was eating breakfast, a manager came up to me and apologized and said she would comp the room. Someone from the hotel called me the next day. That was over five weeks ago and I still have not received a refund. I feel like I waited long enough for the hotel to try to make it right before I posted this. Please look at the pictures and do yourself a favor and do not stay here!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
12 Thank Beth J
CastleberryNEW, General Manager at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello,

THESE ARE NOT PICTURES OF OUR ROOMS. I contacted you after check out, once we reviewed the photos and went to the room. Again, we are not able to refund this stay and not making us aware of the problem that night as oppose to at check out is very weird. We certainly wouldn't expect for any guest to sleep in a room with hair on the bed. I am also asking TripAdvisor to remove this comment, as we can't be held accountable for this type of unfair customer behavior.

G. Brooks
Hotel Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for the SEC tournament this past weekend. Our room was old and dirty, there were ants in the bathroom and on the counter around the microwave. Trash was not taken, there were no clean towels, hand towels or washcloths left. We tried to report this to the front desk but no one was around. When we called they were argumentative, even gave us the wrong number to their supervisor so we could not talk to them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jodi C

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on our trip to Atlanta. Nice hotel. Rooms were clean. Lobby has had a very nice remodel. Rooms are a little old but are very spacious with a fridge and microwave. About a mile from the Olympic Park/World of Coke/Aquarium. Nice walk. Area of the hotel is definitely in transition but we felt safe walking back at night. The bed was a little hard and breakfast could have had more variety. Very happy with the price and felt like we got what we paid for and it was a great deal to be so close to downtown with free parking!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dayna S
Temple, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We didn't expect much, just an inexpensive place to stopover for one night after driving a long distance. The room was tiny and the bed sagged. We arrived right before a snowstorm and left during the storm the next morning. The staff didn't bother to clear the snow and ice from the steps and walkways. Assuring the safety of your guests is paramount.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jolene930
selma
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would rate it poor location isnt good and it should be lesser b-cause of area, we didnt stay b-cause of location only booked, for what we saw online; not tryn to hurt business image but this was our experience.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank solid-t
grafton Wi
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We booked this stay because of the pictures on the website. People were friendly at the desk and the lobby looked nice. Once we got to our room it was a nightmare. The room was hotter than hot, had to open the windows for it to cool down. (it was in the 20's that night) Room was filthy. I took photos and cleaned it with one of their white towels. Fan in the bathroom didn't work, room was tiny, there were stains on the towels, TV receptions was terrible. Approached the so called manager in the morning and showed him the photos, he suddenly wasn't the manager and couldn't do anything for us. Gave me Geneva Brooks card and told me he would give her the info. I ended up having to call her and all I got was an apology. She said we should have come down right away and said something. I told her we had just driven 13 miles and were tired. Offered us a free stay, but we live in WI and would never think of staying there again. She could have made that night a free stay by offering me my money back. Unfortunately we paid cash and I do not think they would be willing to send me a check. She also told me that they have cleaners and inspectors. Sounds to me things are being checked off on paper but not really being checked. Guess they don't feel as badly as they say. I will try and post my photos somewhere. You will gag. Seeing that it is privately owned I will also try and get a hold of the owner as well. After reading most of the reviews and the responses from Castleberry, they are not batting a thousand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank butke
Indiana
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a 3rd party site and after booking read the reviews and was quite afraid...fast forward to my husband and I entering our room. This was just what we needed..it was a large spacious room..clean..and had a fridge and microwave. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
Now onto the cons..from our room you can hear the cars outside..specifically a alarm kept going off and also the breakfast could be better..Also you have tp try Paschel's. .it was very good and the music was jamming!!! I would return back to this hotel..no safety issues for us.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business