“A great place”

Ranked #152 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“A great place”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staying here on business , The meeting room has a joining suite and both were great. The rooms are big and clean . Mrs. Brooks and her staff have been very very helpful to me , Great place will be back here !!! Thank you all

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have added two meeting spaces for our guest to host meetings as you have done. We are so thrilled to hear such positive feedback. It let's us know that we are moving in the right direction!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston, Tx
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at Castleberry for 4 nights and was satisfied with the value. On the outside it doesnt look like a great place, but once you get into the rooms they are very clean and nice and very comfortable. Nothing stands out, but for the price its a good place to stay. The staff was very helpful - I needed help a few times getting around the area and getting cabs and they took care of it all with a smile. I had trouble with my shower and they fixed it immediately. Keisha is fantastic, she would be the reason to come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First of all, Kisha is the best amenity this property offers. On the phone and in person, she is excellent at her job. The location to the Georgia Dome can't be beat and the price of the rooms is less than you will find anywhere close by or especially in Midtown. We booked one single deluxe with a King bed and one double for our two sons. The single deluxe was not a large room, but very comfortable and the bed, bedding and pillows were awesome. I haven't slept that well in a long time. The a.c. unit acts as sort of a noise machine, and it blocks out any superfluous noise! The bathroom was the only flaw and for 3 reasons: it smelled like soured towels, there were no hand towels, and the hairdryer was pulled out of the wall and thrown under the vanity. Our sons room was very large and they said it was just fine. They had 2 issues that could easily be resolved: the room was sprayed with a lilac air freshener which they felt might have been used to cover cigarette smoke and their shower sprayed so hard that it actually hurt their skin! We were told by Geneva that parking would be $5 a night but upon check-out, I showed Kisha our print-out showing Free Parking and she very nicely credited our account. Because of Kisha, the comfortable bed, the low price and the location to the Georgia Dome, we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lynchburg VA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a football game at the Georgia Dome. The hotel website seems to imply that this is all a newly refurbished property. That definitely is not the case. We've attended this event 3 times (3 different years) and each time I booked a room I always take the amenities into account. I specifically search for free wifi, free breakfast, and I try to find free parking. I realize parking is premium in Atlanta, but many hotels, like the place we stayed over on Peachtree last time will include it in the package.

The Castleberry website boasts the following:

100% smoke free hotel- that's a little misleading. They may now be smoke free- but the dark, dank hallways definitely reeked of cigarette smoke.

"All New Bedding and Drapery" which we most definitely did not have. The beds were rock hard. We brought our own pillows and were mighty glad- they provided tiny little foam pillows. The bedspread was folded at the foot of the bed to look like the smaller bed scarf that many hotels now use- only it was the stupid dirty bedspread- and there was no blanket. So if you were chilly at night you had no choice but to pull it up around your face.

All New Plasma TV’s with Premium cable –the TV was nice and worked fine.

All New Showerheads with curved curtains for more space – The showerhead was ridiculous- The water was forced thru pin sized holes – making it feel like it was stinging your flesh- but oddly would not even penetrate my hair- I had to really work to get my hair wet, and work even harder to get the shampoo out. The shower curtain smelled so bad it stunk up the entire room. I ended up taking it down and sticking it in the closet to try to get rid of the smell.

There were no hand towels- so we used the washcloths by the sink.

Mini refrigerator and microwave – yes- they were there- all of the shelves on the door were missing and the drawer at the bottom was broken-

Work station- no work station- there was an antiquated table with no additional plugs for anything.

Complimentary WiFi Internet access – yes – but the signal was so weak it took 15 minutes to get the computer to recognize it- then 5 minutes later it lost it and logged off..

Hairdryer – thankfully I brought my own. The cord to the one hanging from the wall was encrusted with filth.
Speaking of filth- the window in the bathroom was absolutely nasty- I don’t mean the glass- I mean the wooden frame around it was coated in accumulated years of dirt, and the blinds were bent and also covered in filth- I do not mean dust- I mean filth-

The layout of the room seemed to indicate that these rooms were not originally hotel rooms. The two double beds were stuck up in a hole that you had to turn sideways to even get into. Granted that left a larger living space- but not much use to it since we did not have the loveseat or work station shown in the picture. The bedside table or whatever you call it that was smashed between the two beds had enough dust on it to write your name in.

Copied from the hotel website:"We provide complimentary morning coffee in your room and in the lobby and Continental breakfast is available on the weekends." After reading the reviews I was prepared for the minimal breakfast- which was basically coffee, juice and bread items, with one exception- they had a fruit bowl with apples bananas and oranges. Almost seemed out of place?

At the time that I booked the room- as well as at this very moment, you will find this statement – also copied directly from their website:
"At the Castleberry Inn & Suites, you will always receive the best value for your dollar, wireless Internet and parking is always FREE." Believe it or not- out of everything that I've mentioned, this was my biggest gripe. WE SPECIFICALLY BOOKED THIS CRAPPY HOTEL because of the Free wifi, Free breakfast and FREE PARKING- and when we got there "Geneva" tries to pull a fast one and make us PAY for PARKING. Seriously Geneva? It says in MULTIPLE places on your website that parking is ALWAYS free! She had already handed me a parking pass when she then told me that it would be $5.00 a night for the parking. HUH? I had my confirmation printed and with me and the listed amenities specifically said FREE PARKING. I tell Geneva that- she launches into this ridiculous discussion about this being a big football weekend and that everything is parked up- even the BURGER KING! What on EARTH do I care about what Burger King does with their parking lot? I again repeated that when I booked the room I specifically inquired about parking and was assured that as it said on the website- "Parking is always free." She says –"it's only $5.00 a night." I said- I was told it was free. Then she says well ok- then give me back the parking pass, and she reaches over and grabs it out of my hand. The other girl behind the counter says something about needing a parking pass when security checks the parking lot. So I ask her if my car will be towed, or incur any type of penalty for not having the parking pass. She says no. So I'm wondering why I need a parking pass? I was pretty flustered at the point- but we took our key and went to our room. I later find out that everybody else in our GROUP was charged for the stupid FREE PARKING. How does that work Castleberry? You advertise free parking all the time- EXCEPT as it turns out, on busy weekends you may randomly decide to print up some parking passes and charge your patrons?

I'm somewhat torn regarding this review. In spite of all of this- because the prices were so much less than the hotels over in the downtown proper area, as long as we were staying in a big group I would consider staying there again- though I will be somewhat more prepared. I cannot close this review without saying that IF you are lucky enough to be checked in, or checked out, at the front desk, by Keesha – you are in good hands. Had it not been for Keesha there when we checked out- I definitely would never step foot on the property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room- and be sure to print off any amenities you are promised in advance- and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sonia186, General Manager at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review the hotel. Although most of it was not positive we have been able to take away some key points. As with any review the information provided is always one-sided however what we like about TripAdvisor is that we are able to provide our feedback. Due to the length and many points made it would be best if you could contact me directly. I can be reached at 404-893-4663 Marcus Patrick.

Thank you for future consideration to stay with us again. I look forward to speaking with you.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was very hesitant in staying, but we gave it a try and were very pleased.
Check in was fast and curteous. We were surprised that the room was so big and spacious. Nice walk in closets. I think that was considered a Deluxe room. Room was clean and the hallways smelled nice. I love the idea that the a/c was already turned on when we got there.
We didn't have the breakfast because we slept in. Walked across the street to the BK... I will definetely book again if I can get a good rate for February 2014!!! We are very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe room. The are more spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JetsetMom4
Sonia186, Manager at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking time out to share your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you in Feb 2014 as I'm positive that you will always find our hotel to be a great value!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was there to attend America's Mart not long ago. Check in was great as i was greeted by Kesha who was very pleasant and kind in making sure everything was to MY satisfaction. The room was decent but clean, fresh towels every day, and my housekeeper was excellent she was very helpful in showing me how to work the shower and making sure everything was to my liking I can't remember her name but she worked the 2nd floor i was on. Overall my trip was a success until came time to check out as i was greeted by the rudest middle-aged black woman who had the nastiest of attitudes with me, clearly she was having a bad day she even went as far as yelling at my housekeeper in front of me, other guests and employees! not to mention she practically threw my receipt at me! I will consider coming back but i can do without the horrible guest service from that particular woman.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily S
Sonia186, Manager at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We certainly enjoyed all of our guests from the AmericasMart week! Can you please give me a call with more details, I am very concerned about this behavior.

Sonia Booker
404-893-4663
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Car problemd lead to our stay here. It is disgusting. Small rooms, people screaming and laughing and partying all night long. Not one positive thing to say. We were in a queen room and paid 15 bucks extra for a cot since a double room was not available. House keeping brought the cot and told me i would have to to make it fit! So i start pulling the bed side table over and the lady from house keeping pushes on the bed.She broke the bed. When i pointed out to her she was breaking the bed She shrugged her shoulders like i was nuts. I said look the bed is tipping down on one side. She said they will fix it Monday (it was Saturday), I don't fix beds sleep with your head down here. Pointing to the foot end of the bed that was about 30 degrees higher than the rest of the bed! We did not sleep at all. Stains were all over the carpet glad was hanging in s frame over electrical panels it was a total mess!

• Stayed August 2013
I am very familiar with your stay and know how frustrated you were about your car breaking down. As we explained we had several other options available for your stay however based on the dilemma you were having we tried our hardest to accommodate your budget. It is unfortunate that we went out of our way and you felt this way towards the hotel. We certainly wish that you had brought these issues to our attention during your stay.

Hope you are safe sound and sorry for your inconvenience.