Clarion Inn & Suites
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Atlanta(Atlanta)
$109
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to downtownrefrigerator and microwavecontinental breakfastphillips arenaworld congress centeryogurt
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front desk are what makes this hotel a real gem. The rooms are clean and spacious, but are a little dated. They have a nice continental breakfast in the lobby. Would stay here again next time I come to Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rarahorn
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by our stay here. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and we felt safe while staying here. If you're looking for a world class hotel with everything brand new, this isn't the place. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel that was clean and comfortable, and Castleberry exceeded our expectations. Neighborhood isn't great but was perfectly ok to walk to the Georgia Dome for the game. Free parking was another plus. It is very convenient to downtown by taxi and the Marta station is an easy walk in the daytime. Again, for the price, it can't be beat in downtown Atlanta.

1  Thank Annie J
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend after attending the Falcons game at the Gergia Dome. The location was 3 blocks from the dome. We walked to the game in 5 minutes and we walked a couple blocks to dinner and back with no problems. Thats pretty good considering we were wearing the opposing teams jerseys! The hotel just finished remodeling and it looks pretty good. The room was not lavish by any means but it wasn't terrible. I would say that it is an average hotel, but nothing special. Do not expect a 5-star hotel, but its not a dump. The price was better than anything else around that area. I would stay here again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

just your average hotel, kinda in the hood, but if your going to a bulldogs or falcons game its perfect. they are only about a half mile if that to the georgia dome. I got our room through hotels.com and me being cheap i took the cheapest thing i found and this was it, not knowing atlanta or the area i figured we would be in town,I was wrong. castleberry is about a fifteen minute taxi ride to downtown. If you need a taxi call them yourself, do not let the hotel do it for you, the guy they call rips you off, charges a flat fee of 20 bucks, it should be 12 according to two other taxi drivers i talked to. the hotels room description said ourr room overlooked the courtyard and a view of the city. I dont know what room they were talking about cause ours faced a brick wall. if you want to be in downtown dont stay here if your going to a game definetly stay here.

Room Tip: do not get 208
1  Thank chef ben m
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is my honest review. It's actually my first review I've ever done. I felt the need just in case someone was in my shoes, not knowing where to choose, and wondering what is nice. This place is awful. It looks nice on the outside, which will fool you because it's a mess in the inside. I understand they are going through renovations; however, that does not explain why there was dirt in the tub when we got there. That also doesn't explain why the curtains are uneven and there was an obvious threading in the middle where someone had cut it and sewn it back together. The room had two doors to it, it looked as if two room were joined to make a suite. The plugs were awful & unsafe. Only one side worked. The ironing board was a true joke. It was a miniature ironing board, one like you would have on a college dorm. I'm providing pictures so you can see for yourself. I'm so thankful that we only stayed for one night. It looks like they got a bootlegger to do repairs in the rooms. Don't be fooled by the outside or foyer. The rooms are scary. Trust me. Dirty, not much lighting, super thin walls, bootlegged repairs, cut up curtains, fixtures not in working order, dirty bathtub, and miniature ironing board that you will have to sit on table to iron.

When you leave the parking lot and make a left, it is hood city!! Scary! We were fooled! Our GPS had us enter from the decent end, but when we left out & came back, it brought us from the opposite way!! That was "hood city". I'm a church going person & would not lie on this hotel. I would have nothing to gain. It's bad and I would NOT recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012