“Crowded and hectic”

The Varsity
Ranked #107 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Always crowded and hectic, the queue is pretty messy. Tried for the first time, as I was curious why everyone recommends Varsity here. Nothing exceptional, tasted pretty average fries and burgers, the onion rings were extremely oily, could even see oil dripping out. Of course, there was no customer service due to the crowd.

There are newer reviews for The Varsity

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Chilli cheesedogs, fries and orange creamsicle shake - can it get any better? It was just as I remembered it from my childhood. If the inside is too crowded, drive-in and let the carhops serve you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a fast food location at its best. Presidents and many famous people have eaten here as well as everyday people. At night you will see people in tuxes, suits, golf attire, and jeans. The best onion rings are here -- best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went just to say we'd been. And now we can say it, and I don't feel the need to go back. Here's the thing - it's fast food, it's fine, but it's a pain. Difficult to park, crazy lines, and this feeling like you're always in someone's way. It's incredibly busy, all the time, and one of the workers in the bathroom actually brought my daughter, who was washing her hands, in front of my stall and hollered through "be sure you can always see her feet, you're in a crazy neighborhood!" The food was typical fast food, although greasier, which is fine, we knew we weren't getting fine dining. As long as you're aware that's what you're getting into and fine with it, I would go. If you're just after something quick to eat, go elsewhere. Maybe it just wasn't for us...my husband and kids ranked it in the top 3 'didn't like' for vacation though.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The main reason to visit is to say you've been. Expect a huge crowd, although line moves fairly quickly. Food was okay, nothing to write home about and my son and husband said they've had better dogs elsewhere.