“Great Breakfast Buffet!”
Review of Prime Meridian

Prime Meridian
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Meridian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 3,977 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marietta Street & Centennial Olympic Park Drive
Transit: MARTA rail stop at Dome/GWCC/CNN Center
Description: Prime Meridian Restaurant offers a unique dining space with dramatic views of Centennial Olympic Park and the downtown skyline. Serving upscale American cuisine in an open-kitchen atmosphere, this sophisticated restaurant treats guests to innovative menus, artfully prepared with carefully selected local ingredients. Set in a comfortably elegant dining room, Prime Meridian offers a level of hospitality that embodies the friendly spirit of the South.
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great Breakfast Buffet!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had breakfast buffet here while staying at the Omni. Excellent hot or cold items available. Very good service as well!

Visited May 2013

Cayman Brac
“Fine dining experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My Husband and I truly enjoyed our dinner here. Service was good, although it was busy. The food was great and wine was awesome. Pricey but worth it!!!

Visited May 2013
Washington, DC
“Not for foodies from foodie cities”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is my first restaurant review, since usually someone else has written something I would have said and done it better, but in this case, I went to the restaurant based on all the positive reviews and found myself stunned by the disparity between what I thought and what others have said. Was in Atlanta for a conference and stayed at the Omni, and with a long and early day coming up, decided to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, something I almost never do. But, in a lot of places, hotels are beefing up the in-house offerings in response to local competition, so I figured I might be safe.

Walked into a restaurant maybe 10% full. Was seated at a table near but not next to the windows, having been told that those tables were reserved. I should have walked when I saw the wine list. Completely unremarkable. Got the salad trio. Looked beautiful, but I don't think anyone in the kitchen has tried to eat this. Dressing lacked flavor. Very difficult to eat properly, and I ended up blasting bleu cheese across the table and eating nearly every bit with stems hanging out of mouth. So glad I was alone! Also found the fennel completely tasteless. Maybe I'm spoiled by my farmers market and garden veggies, but with most better restaurants in foodie towns starting to aim for local and fresh, there hardly seems an excuse for bland veggies anymore. Skipped the entrees in favor of a second appetizer, figuring the portion size would be better, and had the shrimp and grits. That dish was actually quite nice, until I got to the bottom, when it all seemed gelled to the shape of the plate. Have never had grits do this - they usually stay creamier. Dessert was the highlight of the food - excellent portion size at a great price for a really nice hummingbird cake with tasty strawberries. Oh - and the bread. There's a butter knife as part of the place setting, but you don't have any use for it unless you specifically ask for the bread, or so I was told. Then you get some kind of flavored butter and one piece of bread from a large basket the server brings. Unfortunately, they clearly share the bread with the banquet division, as this was the same roll I've had at many a conference meal all over the country. Left the meal feeling full but dissatisfied.

And no one ever sat at those tables by the window.

A note about the service. It took nearly half an hour before I had a drink or food in hand. Partly my fault for being indecisive, but when it took nearly 10 min. for the server to come back so I could ask for the cocktail menu after being unimpressed by the wine list and then five minutes for the server to bring a cocktail menu from the bar and another 10 min. to come back to take my order, it became not just my fault. The rest of the meal proceeded at a similar pace, with the server even apologizing for the length of the wait for the shrimp and grits (though not offering any compensation).

I think I'm pretty open to unremarkable meals if the time and place are right, but this place clearly aspires to be more but fails to deliver. If you're not from NY, San Francisco, DC, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, Charleston or other really great foodie cities, or if you don't know that foam is so yesterday, you might like this place, but otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
Modena, Italy
“this restaurant is a good choice”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

the restaurant could use some renovation and a new kitchen that does not throw bad odors into the dining room
however, food was good (steaks were super juicy and tender but came with a lot of fat to be taken out) but in my view expensive
service was very good

• Visited April 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Best Hotel breakfast EVER”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

They have the best selection for breakfast. Check out the cereal; they even have alternative milk choices and Kashi cereal! The omelets were great.

Visited May 2012

Been to Prime Meridian? Share your experiences!