“Wanted to Love It”
Review of Haven

Haven
Reserve with OpenTable
Haven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Appalachee
Transit: Located 1/2 mile from the Brookhaven MARTA line with sidewalks that deliver you down Dresden Drive to the restaurant.
Description: HAVEN is an upscale eatery set in a loft with exposed brick walls, warm pecky cypress woods and soft amber lighting. The cuisine is modern American influenced by French, continental and hints of new southern. HAVEN has enjoyed remarkable success during the past seven years. Voted a top ten restaurant for six years straight, HAVEN has become quite the Atlanta destination. Haven is located in the heart of Brookhaven in the wonderfully charming Village Park Place development. The restaurant is nestled in a popular historical neighborhood one mile north of Buckhead.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just got back from eating Sunday Brunch at Haven and was so disappointed, I felt compelled write a review. Haven is in a great location and I absolutely love the look and feel of inside the restaurant. The outdoor seating looks like it would be great when the heat subsides here in Atlanta.

I had read great reviews on the crabcake and poached egg on arugula salad with radishes and ordered that. It tasted ok, but was not even lukewarm. My husband ordered the frittata with sausage and cheddar cheese and it was way overcooked. The bottom and side crust had a strong, old oil flavor. It just didn't taste good. And the service wasn't the best either.

We love this little area of Brookhaven and frequent the stores and other restaurants regularly. This was our first time trying Haven, and we wanted to love it like the other places, but it just fell short. Not sure if we hit it on a bad day, but it was disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Haven

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of shopping, my 16 year old daughter and I made a last minute reservation at Haven. It was only a few miles from Lenox in the quaint new "town" of Brookhaven. The menu was delightful.... American with a farm to table feel. Our waiter told us where just about everything on the menu came from.... Snapper from Destin, tomatoes from their garden out back. I had the snapper, crab cake and shrimp special and my daughter had a filet. The heirloom tomato salad was not my favorite... Only because it had too many rich sauces and I prefer plain.
Visit Haven, I know I will be going back!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have Brunch here a few times a year. I love this restaurant, location, that it takes reservations and the parking. But, the brunch menu needs an update or they need specials for the day. The salad was great, frittata was average and the biscuits were a bit hard on the outside. To stay competitive Haven needs to up its game a bit and offer some specials of a few occasional changes to the menu. Still, if you have not been there - do give it a try.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

A busy place in a bustling part of town but well worth the trip. The wine selection is quite good and the food creative and tasty. Reservations recommended, especially on weekends. Arrive early and stroll through a nice neighborhood or stop at a nearby wine bar. The service at Haven was quite good and the menu offered a nice variety of dishes, most with contemporary touches to Southern fare. I rate the chicken and sausage gumbo five stars. And start with a obvious favorite -- a serving of "hay" -- which are finely cut and delightfully seasoned fries stacked high.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sister restaurant is in other end of building but miles ahead in food and service. Early evening (5:00) and not busy so really was no reason for quality of service and food to be low.