“The Best of Everything”
Review of Haven

Haven
Reserve with OpenTable
Haven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 3,977 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Appalachee
Transit: Located 1/2 mile from the Brookhaven MARTA line with sidewalks that deliver you down Dresden Drive to the restaurant.
Description: HAVEN is an upscale eatery set in a loft with exposed brick walls, warm pecky cypress woods and soft amber lighting. The cuisine is modern American influenced by French, continental and hints of new southern. HAVEN has enjoyed remarkable success during the past seven years. Voted a top ten restaurant for six years straight, HAVEN has become quite the Atlanta destination. Haven is located in the heart of Brookhaven in the wonderfully charming Village Park Place development. The restaurant is nestled in a popular historical neighborhood one mile north of Buckhead.
Syracuse
“The Best of Everything”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Everything at Haven was wonderful. Our waiter was professional and entertaining The food was exciting, extensive wine list and tasty non-alcoholic drinks :-)

• Visited May 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Why have I never heard of this place before?”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a local resident (1.8 miles away, according to the GPS), I am always surprised when, on the odd occasion, I discover a secret place reserved for local neighborhood people. So imagine my surprise when I find a whole street I didn't know about.

I've always used opentable to make reservations, and if I see a place I don't know, I ask around to see if anyone can make a recommendation. However, since this place is listed as Buckhead - which it certainly isn't - when I asked, no-one had heard of it. It's actually in Brookhaven.

Searching on a local event site, I spotted Haven's brunch advertisement. I looked it up, and sure enough, it was one of the elusive spots I'd failed to find a fan of. I booked, and we pulled up to the ridiculously small valet lot, and felt a little silly handing the keys over to a valet who would have to drive exactly 10 yards to park it for us. Oh well... Free valet is never something to moan about.

We were seated swiftly, and noticed that the bar area was completely full. Also noted was the odd choice of white shirt and blue jeans the servers wore - more casual than the menu pricing would suggest. Also strange to see an almost entirely middle-aged male staff, except for the young girl hosting.

The service wasn't particularly friendly, but it was efficient and easy. We ordered an appetizer each, since we were planning on salad for entrees. This was a mistake, since here, small plates does not mean especially small, and the trout cake and beef options were more than enough for a single diner each. The salad is well worth a mention - check out the spinach salad, innocently claiming to contain egg and bacon. Nothing odd there, except it was a perfectly poached egg and the "bacon" was closer to delicious belly pork, cooked expertly. Diner number 2 had long since abandoned the idea of salad when he spotted the roast chicken with fingerling potatoes and carrots - and, despite the plate arriving with enough food to feed a family (two large chicken breasts, when one would have been too much) the verdict was a happy face and lots of appreciative "mmmmmm" sounds.

If only the service had been friendlier, I'd have given Haven the full 5-stars. As it stands, I will be returning to test out a different server, and possibly spend a few lazy hours sitting at the bar, trying out a few cocktails.

On a final note, the restaurant reported me as a no-show on Opentable, which dimmed the "mmmmmmmmmmemories" somewhat and was a pain to fix - but lets see how they do next time.

• Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice neighborhood restaurant, consistently excellent food, great service. Check out the Sunday wine special

• Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic, highly recommend”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have dined at Haven multiple times, this neighborhood restaurant is always wonderful. The service is wonderful, the food is excellent. I have never had anything less than great service and great food.

• Visited August 2011
Atlanta, GA
“The place was cleared out at 11 on a Saturday night”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

A group of my friends had been wanting to try Haven. We picked a Saturday date two weeks out, called for a reservation, and were told the earliest we could be seated was 9 pm. No surprise since the place is so popular. We arrived at 9 and were seated at 9:15, which was fine. At 10:50, as we perused the dessert menu, our server informed us the kitchen closed at 11 and we needed to order. Sure enough, we looked around and saw that all but one other table had cleared out. On a Saturday night? Weird.

The restaurant itself is small and pretty darn cramped, and would benefit from better ventilation.

Overall food quality was good, and menu is imaginitive with a gentle Southern influence.

Been to Haven? Share your experiences!