“One of Atlanta's Best”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Description: Rathbun's is the new restaurant by celebrated Chef, Kevin Rathbun of NAVA and Bluepoint fame. Rathbun's is set in an historic Inman Park warehouse that has been modernized with contemporary tones of fushcia, black, green and white.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Rathbun's ranks among one of Atlanta's best restaurants. This fun, creative, and energetic restaurant always delivers exceptional service with cuisine to match.

I try to dine here once a month (it would be more if I lived closer) and have never had a bad experience in the 8+ years I have been frequenting Rathbun's. Quite honestly, I am always surprised with how they consistently impress and improve.

Last night our group was treated to a custom menu of grilled South African lobster tails accompanied by cauliflower mash, french green beans, and succotash...everything was perfect.

I highly recommend putting Rathbun's top of your list when you are visiting Atlanta.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

positives : valet very courteous and respectful / location area interesting and seems to be up and coming / restaurant design and layout nice / greeted promptly / server was friendly and smiling/ bone marrow starter was good as well as the blue cheese fondue fries/ nice menu selection/

negatives: martini was average and not chilled / average bread selection, no olive oil option , hard butter/ bone-in ribeye steak was ruined by an oversaturation of a blue cheese vinaigrette sauce that made it impossible to eat, sent it back/ dessert was average at best/

with all do respect , the comments above are honest, I did enjoy the ambience and positives above. but I rate the whole picture and they didn't deserve more than average. however I will be traveling back in the area and will give it another shot, and making sure I select different options, sorry Rathbun's but it is what it is.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

For the non-native Atlantan, I imagine it is not the easiest location to find, but our taxi driver knew where it was but took us on a scenic route to find it (as opposed to our return taxi driver who got us back to the hotel in a third of the time it took the first guy). But, that having been said, it is an interesting property and the overall ambience is appealing.

Service was first rate and the food was excellent, as I recall, but not really memorable. I agree with other reviewers that the wine list is extensive, but I thought it rather heavily weighted to the more expensive wines. To me, a good part of the fun with wine is finding outstanding wines at very reasonable prices. That having been said, we did have a bottle of Morgan Twelve Clones Pinot 2010 for, as I recall $68 which was not outrageous for a wine that sells retail for about $30. It was terrific, by the way! But there did not seem to be many similar possibilities in the wine list.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Service was excellent. Food was delicious. Great atmosphere. Extensive wine list. Would suggest a reservation on for the weekend, it got busy fairly quickly. Our server was knowledgable on different wines and made good suggestions with meal pairings.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently went to Rathbun's for the first time. We have heard many great reviews, so we chose Rathbun's to celebrate my husband's birthday.

For dinner, I chose the pork belly appetizer, and scallops with cheese grits as my entree. The pork belly was served with ponzu sauce, which was an interesting combination. It was good, but I will probably select a different appetizer next time. My scallops were perfectly prepared, and the grits were delicious.

My husband chose the bone marrow appetizer (something offered in very few Atlanta restaurants), and had the filet mignon as his entree. Both were outstanding!

Overall, we had a nice experience at Rathbun's. Our server, Kelsey, was impressive. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and provided excellent service.

One note: You will need to make reservations if you want to go to Rathbun's on Friday or Saturday night.....and they are NOT listed on Open Table. You will have to go through their website to make the reservation. Kind of a hassle for those of us who are Open Table junkies.