“Needs updating and a good cleaning!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #142 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Tennessee
“Needs updating and a good cleaning!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stay here because it is right across the street from Turner Field, and there is no hassle of finding parking and fighting traffic before and after games. However, I think this hotel is aware that people WILL stay here no matter what because of the convenience factor and therefore don't make an effort to keep it up to standards. We have stayed in many different rooms/suites here; some are okay, but some are down right nasty! The suite we stayed in April of this year was so dirty, I even washed my luggage when we got home! The carpet was filthy-a huge stain right beside the bed that resembled vomit. Stray hairs (of unknown orgin, if you know what I mean) all over the bathroom floor and bathtub. Sink was clogged, so by the time you got finished brushing your teeth, the water was almost running over. The whole place was just gross!
This trip we had a different room. It was cleaner, but still not up to par. Wallpaper border peeling off the wall, mildew around the grout in the bathroom, etc. At close to $150 bucks a night, you expect a little better!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank nurs4lyf
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this review, August 31, 2016
nurs4lyf,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Enoch D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Florida USA
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Located across street from tuner field, so my only recommendation would be if you were seeing a event there, otherwise stay away from this place.
I have a two room suite, carpet was old stained, bugs in room I did not see till the next day or I would of left when I checked in. used the sleeper sofa and found old dried up food or something under it, the room was recently painted but they did not finish the trim.
only a sports bar/resturant near by(next door), it is ok but not with children. A bum was in the parking lot asking for money the whole eveing.
Cookies were on the check in desk in the evening, breakfast was so so, cerials,
waffles, biscuit, and pancakes they had to be heated in microwave if you wanted them.
Overall if you are going to turner field and was to stay across the street then stay there if not go somewhere else and have a better stay.
wifi in room was good speed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
gsm1cox,

Enoch D.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Rooms were disgusting dirty, Halls were dirty, Stains on the floor everywhere, Staff at the front desk talking on their cell phone the entire time while checking people in, Bums in the parking lot. In the morning I observed a male employee in his early 20's in fine physical condition park in a handicap parking spot. I was not brave enough to try the breakfast in the morning and forget about using the internet unless you have your own cord with you, the fitness center is also a joke they had 3 machines and two were broken. Overall a very bad experience, I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dingding5831
dingding5831,

Charlotte
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The hotel room was good and had free breakfast , Good value for the price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
CharlotteTravel11,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were comfortable and found our accommodations to be adequate. I hope you are able to stay with us again!

Laurens, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2010

carpet badly stained, afraid to walk on carpet bare footed... Coffee pot didnt work and leaked water all over the floor and counter wetting all my clothes. desk chair broken... Smelly!!! Pool is located beside a beer joint... Exercise room only has one stairstepper and one treadmill, thats it. Cost is overly priced for the condition of this hotel... ive seen better rooms at 40.00.. this room cost 91.10...........................

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank harleyhalo2
harleyhalo2,

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2010

What a great hotel...Turner Field only yards away. Front desk folks very friendly and helpful when asking where to go on our first trip to Atlanta. The lady who takes care of breakfast - and makes fabulous cookies - was so nice. Great first impression when you walk in to beautiful lobby and breakfast area. Room was spacious and clean. If you are going to a Braves game -- this is where you want to stay. Definite thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lyn1016,

I'm glad you were able to have a great experience and enjoyed your stay! I hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Lake City, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2010

A collegue and I stayed here one night and that is all we could take. We made last minute plans for the HIMSS conference the first week of March. All the downtown hotels were booked and my colleague booked this hotel due to no parking fees, the Carlson reputation and it was closer than located closer to the conference than the hotels in Buckhead. We originally booked the entire week but found a cancellation at 4 am the night after check-in in a hotel downtown.

It was obvious with in 5 minutes of check-in that staying in this hotel was a huge mistake. At check-in, I noticed that the lobby had several what appeared to be homeless people sitting around. The maid was leaving the room (509) as I was walking in, I questioned whether she was finished and she confirmed she was. The room was a wreck, everything in the room was covered in either stains, dust, or mold. I immediately started contacting other hotels for a way out. After learning that I was pretty much out of luck of getting a room with in 20 miles of downtown I was stairing out the windo in despair and in broad daylight there were drug dealers standing in "Bull Pen", a bar adjacent to the hotel, parking lot running a drive up operation.

The ceiling was wet and stained, my carpet was wet and stained, there were black smudges from floor to ceiling on every wall, the lamp shades were crushed, a hole had been punched through the closet door, mildew a 1/4 inch thick in the window seal, an so on. The attached pistures tell it all.

The "Fitness" cetner had a treadmill, stationary bike and an eliptical machine and all were in non-working condition.

We checked in on Sunday afternoon and out at 6 am on Monday. I called the customer service dept and they conferenced in the GM of that particular hotel and he toook the route of saying the room hadn't been cleaned, nor was it ready for check-in. Even after I stated that the maid confirmed it was ready for check-in. Long story short, the hotel credited our one night stay and did not penalize me for cancelling the rest of the stay.

This place doesn't qualify for a dump.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business