We stay here because it is right across the street from Turner Field, and there is no hassle of finding parking and fighting traffic before and after games. However, I think this hotel is aware that people WILL stay here no matter what because of the convenience factor and therefore don't make an effort to keep it up to standards. We have stayed in many different rooms/suites here; some are okay, but some are down right nasty! The suite we stayed in April of this year was so dirty, I even washed my luggage when we got home! The carpet was filthy-a huge stain right beside the bed that resembled vomit. Stray hairs (of unknown orgin, if you know what I mean) all over the bathroom floor and bathtub. Sink was clogged, so by the time you got finished brushing your teeth, the water was almost running over. The whole place was just gross!
This trip we had a different room. It was cleaner, but still not up to par. Wallpaper border peeling off the wall, mildew around the grout in the bathroom, etc. At close to $150 bucks a night, you expect a little better!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly clean hotel that offers free hot breakfast, free parking and free wireless high speed internet. We are less than 1 mile away from Downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown South Hotel Atlanta
- Country Inn And Suites Atlanta Downtown South
- Country Inn Atlanta