Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #136 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 30, 2013

easy to get to from I-75.warm and friendly service. very good breakfast.i was in the town to celebrate my grand daughter's birthday. reached a little earlier than check-in time. the reception desk was helpful to arrange early check in.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

navin t,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

There is not a major city in the US that has it's ball parks in the lily white suburbs. Atlanta is no exception. The hotel as 24/7 security guys that look like they can handle any local nearly do wells. But come on out of the burbs and hang with the bro's in the hood!! The hotel is in a great location. You can access any area of Metro Atlanta with ease and quickness. The bull pen rib joint next door is barbecue as good as it comes. The hotel staff from the GM to both desk clerks I dealt with to the Sales Manager was top notch!! The rooms were up to the standards of country inn and suites. Believe me I am concierge level with Carlson and I stay in C,I & S all over the country. The quality of the room was not an issue. The reviews where people are saying "I am use to Country Inn and Suites being new hotels...." ; most are but this one isnt. There is obvious extensive work going on at the property and I have a good feeling that next time I go to stay at this hotel, it will be even better!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Lawrence L,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I really appreciate how well the hotel is managed by it staff and members. The management paid detail attention to the operation of the hotel and it guest. I appreciated how they made sure each customer were having a great stay there. They made me feel very welcome. They made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. They where very helpful. My room was nice and very clean. I'm grateful for the tourist and surrounding information in the folder in my room. It help me out a lot. It's the kind of information a quest would need to know if unfamiliar with the area. I will absolutely take there again.... WOW!

Room Tip: I love the last room on the floor it seem quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

28Galed,

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based off of pictures I saw on Expedia. I then read some negative reviews on google maps so I was a little bit skeptical. But upon check in I was immediately relieved! The staff was so friendly! And our king non smoking room was everything I expected and hoped it would be! I'm very excited I made the choice to stay here!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah R,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly, both at check in and checkout. Room was clean and nicely furnished. Much better than expected for the price. Would gladly stay again. Close to downtown and directly across from Turner Field.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dave Z,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great experience. Everyone was nice and helpful, and willing to go out to the way to help. Very close to Turner Field if attending a Braves game. Convenient eating establishment next door. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Bobby K,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

For anyone reading this review please understand I stay at hotels 3 to 4 times a week sometimes. When I arrived at this location they know me by name, they treat me like one of their own family members and they're always there to extend a helping hand and accommodate us in every way possible. They have done some wonderful renovations here recently, the new management and owners have taken pride in this hotel and are working to provide us the best and most comfortable stay ever. From the maintenance man, to the owner, the owner's daughter they all have their hands in the day-to-day functions of this hotel.... They always make a way for me to have a room even if I don't have a reservation. One time I had too much luggage take back and owner actually stored some of my items here at the hotel.I could go on and on for hours complementing the wonderful food served at breakfast hot eggs, seasoned potatoes, a wide assortment of yogurts and cereals, breads muffins, sausage and gravy biscuits, multiple juices, hot coffee, hot chocolate as well as hot tea-
unlike most hotels, they always have hot coffee going 24 hours a day for your little perk up if needed whether on vacation or business. It's nice to have a family run corporate hotel, that actually care about you and how your stay was. From your arrival to your departure they speak to you and your passing in the lobby you're never gone unnoticed. The owner always comes over and shakes my hand and he remembers me time and time again after seeing hundreds of thousands of faces. That says a lot, their renovation has made the beds a lot more comfortable, the cleanliness is up there and above standard, and they have weeded out the bad apples that used to stay here prior to them taking over this hotel by making a few small changes in what is needed to check in and such , as a credit card may be needed at time of arrival for incidentals... This weeds out the bad apples, their rates are more than economical for their location in Atlanta across from Turner Stadium.
Not to mention the wonderful ribs and wings and chicken restaurant next-door.... It offers late-night beer of your choice as well as appetizers and wonderful brisket and ribs that will melt in your mouth. All you have to do is walk out the front door of the hotel and then you're in the parking lot of the restaurant. The staff they are incredibly nice as well. Please in choosing your location to stay while in Atlanta consider this location for your vacation or business needs, they have not one but two computers and printers for your business needs if your here on business as well as fax services. The housekeepers are super friendly and accommodating us every time we stay there will need extra pillows or blankets for I have lupus a painful medical condition which requires me to need more pillows, as well as a king bed and I have never had to take less than what I needed.. I am honored to write such wonderful things about a wonderful hotel, staff and location. I know to some this may seem too good to be true, well go check it out for yourself because the rate is lower than any around this area for what they offer. You can actually go to the Atlanta Braves game right across the street. Kudos to all the staff and owners and management a country inn and on Pollard in Atlanta.... You make our every trip worthwhile, and it's a pleasure stay with you a your hotel . If I could give 10 stars I would, but only allows for five.
Have a great day, safe and happy travels!!!!!
Clinical Director/Interventionist IV
Coastal Sentencing & Addiction Services
Clay
09/28/2013
Visited 9/15 and 8/05 as well as more prior to this...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business