“Maybe is good to go to Turner Field”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #136 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Two nights here are not a remarkable experience. Positive: you are very close to downtown and breakfast is good in quantity and not bad in quality. Negative: is not clean, is old and the surrounding area looks bit dangerous. I've also tried the pool, outdoor, clean but in the parking; why don't they build it in the garden? Bed is too hard and linens don't look and smell as fresh

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alessio315
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly or Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Due to the location, we picked to stay at this hotel for the Braves games. It's right next to the stadium and it's much better than having to drive to the stadium in Atlanta traffic. The staff is friendly and our room was pretty clean. I've had no problems with the hotel during my stay. If you stay in a room with a king size bed you get a nice view of the stadium and downtown Atlanta as well. I would recommend this to anyone going to the Braves games.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GM759, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this exciting review. We are always pleased to hear when a guest has a wonderful stay with us! We are happy to see you enjoyed your room, the view of Atlanta, and the convenience of Turner Field. We hope to see you all again next time you come into town.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the worst experience that I've ever had while staying in a Hotel !!!! They were about three hours late letting us get into the room and it went downhill from there. The room had not been cleaned and all management staff appeared too busy to help take care of our issues. There was a very strong odor of mildew/mold/cigarette smoke in our room and in the hallways that left us with a terrible cough and headache the next morning. We booked and were placed in a non-smoking room. Very misleading since the stench of cigarette smoke is embedded in everything everywhere, especially all the carpets. We originally were told we would get a port-a-crib. After waiting about three hours, we were told they did not have anymore. The elevators were not working. Breakfast was practically non-existent. The food that was placed out was not enough for everyone and did not have it's matching part (i.e. cereal w/o milk, coffee w/o milk). Not only was the food limited in quantity, the breakfast area was filthy. Employee and management staff came across as aloof and uncaring to customer needs/concerns. This is the worst managed hotel that you could imagine staying in.

Room Tip: If you want help choosing a good room, pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eryka G
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. With regards to the issues you have highlighted, may I assure you that I have discussed these issues with the hotel management team so they may be aware and take any remedial action necessary to ensure such issues do not reoccur. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

As you can see in the above pictures I took we found cockroaches on the ceiling when we woke up, dead ones behind the bed and couch and cobwebs on the ceilings. Not only was the room completely nasty, but we originally booked a non-smoking room, once arriving we were put into a smoking room. If you’re a non-smoker this is unacceptable, but the hotel would not move us, instead they offered us a discounted rate, which would have been great if we weren’t originally overcharged. The hotel also had no shampoo or soap, the bathroom flooded when showering, and the carpet had not been vacuumed in weeks. Point is this hotel is not worth $150 a night, it’s not even worth $50 a night. My husband and I are huge Atlanta Braves fans and the idea that this hotel was across the street was ideal, but it is not worth the convenience. My only advice, please go somewhere, ANYWHERE else!!!

Room Tip: My tip would be not stay there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsButler85
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, GA and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I will start with a positive note. The staff is friendly and courteous (well..most of them), but the hotet is disgusting. Very filthy from top to bottom. Everything is worn out. Mildew smell and mildewed ground in the shower. The carpet is very worn out and soooo filthy, and lets not even talk about the breakfast area. We travel just about every weekend and I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere as bad as this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank smy3suns
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is a nice place to stay and the staff was great. Breakfast was very ,very good. We were on the 4th floor and there was a some interstate noise, but the guest on the floor was a little loud during evening hours(Friday). The ironing board was worn out and that was the only thing wrong. So this hotel was nice to stay in plus they had FREE cookies IN LOBBY. I had never been in a hotel that had a mini library which was a plus if you are a book worm.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room and a room on a floor that have the least amount of people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are always glad to hear when a guest has a wonderful stay. We do apologize for the worn out iron boards, we have recently put all brand new items such as these in all guest rooms so when you come back to see us hopefully that won't be an issue. We are very, very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the fresh baked cookies that are for you all! We hope you come back to see us very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Let me begin on a positive note, hotel is in a great location. We were first given a room on the third floor. The bedspread looked disgusting so my husband pulled it off the bed. Then we noticed some kind of bug crawling on the sheets. I immediately picked up the phone to notify the front desk. My hand literally "stuck" to the phone. It was extremely sticky. At this point I'm totally disgusted. A lady comes up and says she is the general manager and she's only been there a week. I show her the bug (that is still crawling on the sheets) and telephone. She agrees that it is unacceptable. She tells us she will get us another room but there aren't any ready. She says she will call us when it's ready. We leave and return in about an hour (no phone call from manager). They see us after we come in and give us room 4401. They are all smiles so I'm thinking we must have a good room this time. I can't say it was worse than the first room because there were no bugs in the bed this time but I'll let the pictures I took of the room speak for themselves. I find it hard to believe the woman that claimed to be the general manager is actually in management. I mean if I had someone complain I would make sure the new room was clean. I have stayed in "cheaper" rooms that were much cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.