I stayed at this hotel to go to a football game in Atlanta. If I were there for a baseball game, I think I could have overlooked some of the problems of the hotel, because Turner Field is DIRECTLY across the street. Pretty cool. However, this part of Atlanta is not a very nice part, and I was hoping to see security at night. None were at this hotel. Luckily, we didn't get anything stolen or our car broken into.
Country Inn and Suites, as many people know, is a cheap brand that likes to overcharge. They often have pseudo-luxurious lobbies and cheap, garish rooms. I paid $98 a night for my room, mostly because of the proximity to the Georgia Dome and the free hot buffet.
The room was decent, nothing fancy. It was definitely worn down a little and the bed was not very comfortable. You could tell that there had not been much traffic in the room, as the pamphlets and other paper items were curled from the cold and damp. The heater also smelled when I turned it on, which is normal for a heater that hasn't been run in a while. Who knows how long it had been since someone had been in that room. As I have worked in a hotel before, the first thing I did was to throw the bedspread and blanket in the corner and carefully check to make sure that the sheets were clean. This time, they were.
I was a little irritated that this hotel does not offer a hot breakfast, only the normal breads and cereals. I was one of the only people staying at the hotel, and the first morning I went downstairs at 7 am to find *nothing* in the breakfast area. The coffee machine was out of coffee as well. By the time I went back upstairs, one of the employees had scurried out and set up the breakfast. I told the desk that the coffee machine was out, but the next morning, it was still out. Let me tell you, there is no way to irritate someone more than to not have coffee available in the morning. I can overlook the poor breakfast bar, but to be out of coffee (two days running) is inexcusable.
Overall, this place was par for the course for a Country Inn and Suites: decent, but overpriced and generally lacking in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly clean hotel that offers free hot breakfast, free parking and free wireless high speed internet. We are less than 1 mile away from Downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, GA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown South Hotel Atlanta
- Country Inn And Suites Atlanta Downtown South
- Country Inn Atlanta