If you are only in town to see a Braves game, this hotel is adequate.
If you are in town for any other reason, I'd suggest staying somewhere else.
I was attending a conference at the Georgia World Conference Center (GWCC). I wanted to stay closer (e.g. Omni, Westin, or anything else downtown), but they were all sold out.
I thought it would be easier to take taxis than to rent a car. In the end, it probably would've cost me the same amount, but been more convenient, to rent a car. There are several $3/day lots near the GWCC versus $10+tip each way for cabs. Plus, there are no cabs waiting at the hotel. The front desk needs to call them and it takes about 25 minutes for one to arrive. Additionally, a cab from the airport is $35+tip.
The front desk staff was helpful, but not always there. The first two days I was there, no one was manning the front desk when I came in and at least once, the phone was off the hook. I understand that things happen, but I felt that there should be staff at the front desk at all times (or at least a security guard if the desk staff is on break).
As for the guestroom, I requested a non-smoking room (understanding that it was a request and not a guarantee), but received a smoking room. I don't smoke, but all of my clothes reeked of smoke after my stay. On a separate note, a bug crawled out of my shower curtain the first time I tried to shower. I wanted to check out, but already knew that any better hotels were already full.
In summary, if I were in town for less than 24 hours and only to see a baseball game, this hotel would be ok. But, if I planned on doing anything downtown (CNN Center, World of Coke, etc.), I'd definitely stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly clean hotel that offers free hot breakfast, free parking and free wireless high speed internet. We are less than 1 mile away from Downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown South Hotel Atlanta
- Country Inn And Suites Atlanta Downtown South
- Country Inn Atlanta