“Good but noisy”

South City Kitchen Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have dined here many times. The SCK is great for food and drink and it is trendy. We found this visit to be pretty loud. We we're seated upstairs so that might be why. Generally downstairs is great. Food is great, service is good and wine choices are reasonable. We will request the lower level in the future.

Date of visit: June 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is a short pleasant wall from the MARTA station. I showed up about 5:30 without a reservation but they were able to seat me. I don't like grits. The charming waitress talked me into the shrimp and grits. It was absolutely delicious. Very nice wine list.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We happened to come up with this place in midtown Atlanta and enjoyed a wonderful late lunch meal at SCK. I recommend just about anything on the menu as my family all tried different items and enjoyed all of them. This place is great for power lunches and I would imagine it being hard to get into for dinner.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love this place! I went for Dinner one night, and was so impressed, went back for Lunch a couple of days later. They start you out with a generous basket of biscuits and cornbread. The cornbread is excellent; the biscuits are adequate. My friend and I both had the lobster bisque, then shrimp and grits for dinner...we both agreed that these were the best we had ever had. The only negative was that the parking is very hard to find, and of course, expensive since it is in Midtown Atlanta. Plan on an extra 20 minutes to find a parking spot and walking to the restaurant after you find one. We were 30 minutes late for our reservation. Service was very good. After raving about this restaurant, another friend insisted on going there for lunch. This time I had the soup of the day (vegetable) which was very fresh and wonderful; we both had salads, mine had the house made chicken salad on a bed of greens with. Again everything was excellent, and service was perfect... ask for Christina. This time, we were lucky to find a very close parking spot in a lot across the street...but it was a flat all-day rate, so had to pay dearly to get convenient, attended parking. Was it worth it? Yes.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a wonderful place to have my hubby's 80th birthday. The service was excellent and the food yummy. My husband ordered his favorite dish which is shrimp and grits. He said it was so good. We finished with a delicious dessert-pineapple upside down cake. Perfect birthday lunch!