“Brunch”

South City Kitchen Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,977 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Tallahassee,FL
“Brunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

on the recommendation of my hotel driver and Trip advisor reviews I went to South City kitchen for brunch. I have to admit that I am a brunch fanatic. The ambiance was good and we were seated promptly on a busy Sunday which was unusual but appreciated. The menu was not eclectic but seemed to focus on doing simple things well. I had the crab hash which was good but not great. I feel that I paid more for the atmosphere than for the food itself. I won't be rushing back to south city but I have no complaints about the food or service.

• Visited April 2013

Buford, Georgia
“south cooking updated”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Updated southern food. Good cocktail menu. I had the I-75 and my husband had southern thyme lemonade. Both were very good. We had the vidalia onion tart for a starter. Served with corn bread and biscuits. Cornbread good - made with kernel corn = but it is sweet cornbread. Biscuits were among the best I have ever had. I had the fish special - pan fried flounder. Cooked perfectly - no breading - just well cooked fish. Served over a perfectly creamy english pea risotto. Husband won tho - he had perfectly fried buttermilk fried chicken served over real mashed potatoes and collard greens even people who don't like collard greens would like. We had a great table overlooking crescent Avenue facing a happening club.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham AL
“Delish!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Get the chicken and waffles!! Sunday brunch was great! I highly suggest the mimosas and Bloody Mary's. Can't go wrong at South City!

Visited March 2013
Roxbury, CT
“So good went back twice.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere was out of this world good and the price is right. Atlanta is a happening City and so is South City Kitchen for some Southern cooking.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank stonecroft
Seattle WA
“Good food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was solid. NOT amazing for the amount of money spent. Loved the desserts. I felt like our waiter was not warm but gave good service. They did a nice job with the fried oysters and shrimp and grits but the other appys were not as exciting as I would have liked.

Visited April 2013