“south cooking updated”

South City Kitchen Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,084 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Updated southern food. Good cocktail menu. I had the I-75 and my husband had southern thyme lemonade. Both were very good. We had the vidalia onion tart for a starter. Served with corn bread and biscuits. Cornbread good - made with kernel corn = but it is sweet cornbread. Biscuits were among the best I have ever had. I had the fish special - pan fried flounder. Cooked perfectly - no breading - just well cooked fish. Served over a perfectly creamy english pea risotto. Husband won tho - he had perfectly fried buttermilk fried chicken served over real mashed potatoes and collard greens even people who don't like collard greens would like. We had a great table overlooking crescent Avenue facing a happening club.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Get the chicken and waffles!! Sunday brunch was great! I highly suggest the mimosas and Bloody Mary's. Can't go wrong at South City!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere was out of this world good and the price is right. Atlanta is a happening City and so is South City Kitchen for some Southern cooking.

1  Thank stonecroft
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was solid. NOT amazing for the amount of money spent. Loved the desserts. I felt like our waiter was not warm but gave good service. They did a nice job with the fried oysters and shrimp and grits but the other appys were not as exciting as I would have liked.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Loved it! First time visit and it was a delicious find. Specialty is their buttermilk fried chicken, which my husband ordered. I had the pork chop with white beans and creamed collard greens. Perfect combination! It would be difficult for.me to return and not order the same thing, it was that good. All in our party loved their meals. We had oysters and fried green tomatoes as appetizers, both of which were also delicious. This is a "must return" if we get back to Atlanta!