“Some fine southern cuisine”

South City Kitchen Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The yard bird was good over a dollop of mashed taters and collard greens. Collards were a bit pungent however good. Chicken livers were awesome for the app.
Host was a bit of a whack job. Went in asked for a table said 15 mins then in about 15 mins asked us if we wanted a table? I told him what I like to do in my spare time was go stand in doorways of restaurants just to look at food! :)

There are newer reviews for South City Kitchen Midtown

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great place for a date, or with another couple for a special fun meal. Their fried Chicken is great! The waitstaff is friendly and warm. The restaurant is nice in a casual trendy upscale way. Good food before a symphony, or just for a little something special. Nice menu!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recommended by friends that used to live in Atlanta, I decided to give it a try early on a Saturday evening (5:30) and there was already a 1 hour wait for a table, so reservations are recommended. I got a seat at the bar and ordered their specialty, fried chicken. It was served with garlic collard greens and mashed potatoes. I don't normally care for collards, but these were exceptionally good and the fried chicken was excellent. It appears to be a historic home converted into a restaurant which added to the 'southern' ambiance. There is a relatively limited menu, but everything I saw coming out of the kitchen, looked really good and there seemed to be a lot of 'regulars' dining that evening.

Parking is a bit of a problem. The restaurant has a very small parking lot for employees only. Customers are left to limited street parking or several private paid parking lots. I parked in a lot directly across the street and paid $10.

The only restrooms are upstairs, so if stairs are a problem for you, plan ahead. I'm only rating this as 'Very Good', but it's primarily for the parking and value (I thought it was priced a little on the high end). I would go back, but I'll probably try their other location (Vining) to see if the access is better.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My coworkers and I were in ATL for a hair show.We walked 1 hr to get to the rerestaurant. Well worth it!! For starters we had the fried green tomatoes, BEST ever, flavors perfect, then we had the she crab . Good, but it was cream base and I prefer tomato base. For an entree we had the trout and the fried chicken. Equally stunbing. Going back tomorrow before we leave.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Brunch, dinner, lunch, drinks. I have never been let down. You will have to leave your 'diet' at the door; it's an unashamedly full-on southern menu. Crab soup is so thick it can stand on its own. Fried chicken is only rivaled by Star Provisions. Pecan pie is amazing. It is a must if you are visiting and it is a place to take Atlanta visitors.