“Great Birthday Celebration For My Husband”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Highland Dr.
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Buckhead, Atlanta’s designated entertainment and shopping district. Less than a mile from Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall, Ruth’s Chris is located just off the intersection of Peachtree and Piedmont Roads in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel. The restaurant is easily accessible by rail, as it is a short two blocks from MARTA/Buckhead Station, N-7.Ruth’s Chris of Buckhead features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Our Atlanta steak house provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere while the dense foliage of the open-atrium hotel envelops our restaurant in an air of casual elegance. Richly appointed, this is the perfect location for a romantic steak dinner, business event, or private party. Private dining rooms offer a variety of event options for 10 to 150 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Buckhead can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This Ruth Chris Steak House in the Buckhead Atlanta area is small but does what it does best--namely, serve food of the highest quality, excellently prepared, and presented by professional servers. My husband, son, and I went there on a trip to Atlanta (on my husband’s birthday, as it happened). Our waiter, Frank, took very good care of us and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves although it was a pricey evening. My son's rib eye and my husband’s filet were perfectly prepared and the Lyonnais potatoes were delicious. My vegetable entrée was outstanding -- something I did not expect from a steakhouse. I could eat that all the time They brought a nice little cake dessert for my husband to send him well-fed into his seventh decade. Great job by a class outfit!!

This restaurant deserves a five star but it’s location in the Embassy Suites hotel is strange.. The main dining area is a separate room and there is a small dining area off of it, which I presume is for a very busy night. Although there were portable partitions around this area, some Embassy Suites guests partaking in the complementary happy hour wandered in and sat down at several of the tables and proceeded to enjoy their food and drinks. They were not dressed appropriately for Ruth Chris. Also, in order to use the restrooms one had to use a door in the partitions and cross over by the pool area. There were many noisy kids running up and down in wet bathing suits and several were in the ladies room. It certainly was unusual. Ruth Chris should have a dedicated bathroom for their diners.

Other than the above unusual situation, it was a very pleasant evening – one my husband really enjoyed.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was visiting Atlanta and knowing my love for steaks, my colleagues recommended Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Apparently, you can walk-in for lunch but must make a reservation for dinner. I ordered Sizzling Blue Crab Cakes for appetizers and a Cowboy Ribeye for the main course.It wasn't a long wait before all my senses got pampered. The plates are heated to about 300-400 F so that the meat continues to cook even after you are served (you're given a kind warning about being careful to avoid skin contact). A block of butter is added for the sizzling sights and sounds. The crab cakes were nice but I was expecting more cheese. My steak was cooked to perfection- juicy and delicious. I took my time to savour each bit and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This was certainly one of the best meals I ever had. The next time I visit I'm going to try their T-bone signature steak.

1  Thank hudson m
John S, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We love that your "senses got pampered," Hudson! Thanks for this wonderful feedback. I apologize for just now getting back with you, but I wanted to address this review personally. We're so glad you enjoyed every bite of your steak — that's always what we're going for. And I can definitely recommend the T-bone, the ultimate for any steak lover!

Cheers,
John St. John, General Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2013

While staying at the Embassy Suites, Buckhead, a friend and I stopped in the bar for a late evening snack and a glass of wine. The food and service were both wonderful. The next day I decided to stop in for a quick lunch. The young lady at the maitre'd desk was on the phone and totally ignored me. After standing there for a few minutes I walked into the bar and asked if they were serving lunch. I explained that apparently the young lady out front did not want to seat me, but the bartender was very helpful and said that she would take care of me, and she did. While sitting in the bar, waiting for my lunch, I noticed the young lady from the front taking an older couple into the restaurant to be seated. The older lady was using a walked, but the young lady seating them chose to seat them in an area where they would have to navigate steps. Call me critical, but I just thought that this was a bit uncaring. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food is excellent. If I go back, I would just be sure to go back to the bar where I know I can depend on good service.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family stayed in the Embassy Suites hotel Buckhead location and wanted to have a nice dinner after a long day at the Georgia Aquarium and Atlanta High Museum of Art. Ruth Chris is located in the hotel and we decided to try it out with the entire family. Our 12 year old was able to pick from a child's menu which included a perfectly sized and delicious fillet mignon. All selections melted in our mouths and my husband actually cut his beef with a fork! Attentive staff made our visit comfortable and enjoyable and our children had a wonderful experience learning about fine dining. The only issue was a gentleman sitting near us talking on his cell phone. The manager quietly handled the situation after my husband expressed his concern. Excellent restaurant and convenient location.

I know it's been many months, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's wonderful to hear that we were great for the whole family! Excellent description of our filet mignon — we're getting hungry just reading this! We hope you'll dine with us the next time you're back in Atlanta.

All the best,
John St. John, General Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food was great from appetizer to desert. The service from the kitchen was super fast. Our waiter was terrific and the management team upon arriving and during our meal were welcoming and truly concerned with our response to " How is everything"? We celebrated our 14th Anniversary and they provided well wishes and free desert. Beautiful restaurant, however the lighting could be a tad brighter.