“Lovely dinner with exceptional cocktails”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Highland Dr.
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Buckhead, Atlanta’s designated entertainment and shopping district. Less than a mile from Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall, Ruth’s Chris is located just off the intersection of Peachtree and Piedmont Roads in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel. The restaurant is easily accessible by rail, as it is a short two blocks from MARTA/Buckhead Station, N-7.Ruth’s Chris of Buckhead features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Our Atlanta steak house provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere while the dense foliage of the open-atrium hotel envelops our restaurant in an air of casual elegance. Richly appointed, this is the perfect location for a romantic steak dinner, business event, or private party. Private dining rooms offer a variety of event options for 10 to 150 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Buckhead can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife & I had dinner here on Thursday night, 7/11. In particular, we very much enjoy the bar and its staff. My lemon drop martini before dinner was excellent, & after dinner we both enjoyed exceptional chocolate martinis - a wonderful way to end the evening.

Dinner was quite good. I drank one of my favorite IPAs: Terrapin Hopsecutioner (admittedly a too-cute name, but very good if you like hoppy ales). My wife had serviceable red wines by the glass. We split a much-better-than-average, crisp Caesar salad, & then 2 superb tournedos of beef topped with shrimp & an add-on crispy blue cheese dressing. Potatoes au gratin complemented the entree.

We stay at the adjoining Embassy Suites from time-to-time (see my hotel review elsewhere) & always enjoy this restaurant. It doesn't hurt that the restaurant is connected to the hotel's lobby!

Much better than the average high-end steakhouse.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everything on the menu is well prepared, you will go away full and happy - except make sure you are ready for the price - the great meal will set you back a great deal in the cost department. If money is no object, and you love great food, this is the place for you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Steak was tender but the sides tasted better. I liked the view but waiter was overwhelmed. We did not get bread until after appetizers.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although not too crazy about most of the locations residing in a hotel, the food was very good. I had the triple platter with crab cake, stuffed chicken breast and 4 oz filet - all cooked correctly and very good. Wife had the salmon, which she liked, but I wasn't to keen on - not that it was bad, just nothing "special" compared to salmon at Longhorn, or any other mega steakhouse. We had the bacon wrapped scallops to start and they were cooked to perfection and very tasty. The major issue here was the VERY young wait staff - I say young, but I think this is where the problem is, as they don't have the service experience as the staff at a McKendricks or Chops (which they compete with) - this being said, service was very spotty at best. Long waits for refills, between courses, etc. If at the hotel again I would probably eat here, but wouldn't go out of my way as this area of town has many more options that are better.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

After a full day going to the World of Coke/CNN tour, running into rain w/no umbrella and tons of walking, we dropped in for an early dinner at Ruth Chris. We were so hungry and very tired. His steak had to be re-cooked as it wasn't prepared properly. Mine was pretty good, had the mixed grill. The waitress was not the best, didn't check on us much, i.e. refill our drinks, waited quite a while for the check, etc. And considering the time we went, about 4:00pm, thought the service would be better. All in all, we didn't go away hungry. For the money we spent and the off time we went, we felt our expectations were not exactly met. :- (

John S, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel like your expectations were met. This is most disappointing because we always want our guests to feel completely taken care of from start to finish. I know it's been quite some time since you left us this review, but I wanted to respond personally. Poor customer service is a big pet peeve of ours, so you can bet that we'll be very cognizant of this moving forward. I can promise what you experienced isn't an accurate reflection of our food, service or restaurant in general. Have you been back to see us since then? We do hope you'll give us another shot when you're back in Atlanta...or try our Greenville location, which is closer to home for you!

Much appreciated,