“It wasn't terrible”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Petite Auberge
Reserve with OpenTable
Petite Auberge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #423 of 3,941 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: French, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lavista
Peachtree City, Georgia
“It wasn't terrible”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm very ambivalent as I write this review. We had a good visit at Petite Auberge and really enjoyed ourselves there but the food was just "Okay". Here's my review:

So last night, we dressed up and went out to Petite Auberge, thanks to a gift certificate from a friend who wanted to send us to a nice French restaurant in Atlanta. Many of the Google reviews say "Excellent!" and the dress code was business casual or better. So, buying the gift certificate from out of state, he thought Petite Auberge sounded like a pretty nice place.

What we found was a dated restaurant located in a strip mall (laundry mat, nail salon, tanning, groceries, pub, liquor store, etc.) with a dated interior and a much older clientele. The menu was decidedly not French. In fact, we thought it might even have been British. Maybe simply European.

We felt overdressed but, since it was a long-awaited date night for us, we didn't mind. The staff was friendly, eager, older, and easy to talk to. We were relaxed by this atmosphere but disappointed that it wasn't what we expected.

My husband had some sort of steak dish and I had the lobster. I started off with the crab/shrimp cake appetizer which was good enough but really nothing to write home about. It was well cooked but the flavors were quite bland. The lobster was just a tad undercooked and felt rubbery. Again, the flavors of the lobster were just not there. The vegetable was a strange steamed squash that was cooked fine but, once again, had no real flavor profile. I didn't eat much of that. The bed of rice was simply yellow rice, well-cooked.

My husband had Steak Frites, which is just French for steak and fries. We don't even know what type of steak it was but my husband said it was "Okay". He opted for desert and got the crepe with ice cream. Again, no special flavor profile to make him say "Wow!".

I had a glass of the Petite Auberge Cabernet which was okay, too, but I switched to the Kendall-Jackson. Much better choice. They do have a large selection of wine, so you can't really go wrong there.

Overall, we were relaxed, the staff was great, and the food was "Okay". So...it wasn't terrible.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Successful Evening”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I had a weeknight dinner here. Restaurant has been in business for years, with an excellent reputation.

Atmosphere: Cloth table cloths and napkins; elegant, simple decorations; small, simple menus.

Service: Excellent, discreet, unhurried.

Food: Spinach salad was very good and the mushroom salad (not seen too often in restaurants) was excellent. Scallops and lamb were presented beautifully and were excellent. Bottle of house wine was okay for the price, but not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination.

Conclusion: There is a reason this restaurant has been in business since the 70's. Nice atmosphere, excellent service, good food, and very reasonable prices, makes for a successful evening.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Another excellent dining experience”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Petite Auberge is one of my favorite restaurants. The service is always top-notch and the staff is constant, many having been there for years.

They have a great wine selection and the staff is very knowledgeable. There are many exquisite salads, appetizers, entrees, and desserts that should appeal to a wide clientele. One can have chateaubriand, steaks, fish, pork, poultry, and a selection of Bavarian dishes.

The prices are very reasonable. Frankly it is difficult to understand why someone would want to spend their money at a chain restaurant when, for the same price, you can dine in style with high-quality, expertly prepared dishes.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Mmm!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just enjoyed my second experience with Petite Auberge. I can't wait to plan a party here. The service is pleasantly tremendous. The menu is diverse and reasonably priced. I enjoyed the most delicious Rack of Lamb this time. Great setting for a romantic dinner, or a quaint meal with a friend. The dinning room has linen covered tables with comfortable seating; clean, elegant but yet cozy. My only disappointment is the outside or curb side appearance. Remodeling should be considered. Call Candace from HGTV, she's the bomb.

• Visited September 2012
Acworth, Georgia
“Very nice dinner”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food is very good even in a banquet setting. You must try the warm mushroom salad - it's delicious. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant. The only downside is the noise level in the banquet rooms. There was a wedding party next door and of course they were hanging a great time but it made it difficult to hear our meeting. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012