“A fun place with a bit of history”
Review of OK Cafe

OK Cafe
Ranked #36 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I eat here every time I am in the Buckhead area. The cafe offers large portions and many southern dishes. The squash soufflé is a must have as one of your side dishes. The crab/ crawfish cakes are yummy. The breakfast is tasty - pecan pancakes are divine. You can order just the side dishes as your meal which is fun. The servers are friendly and encourage you to take home your drink- they will give you a large take out cup of whatever you ordered. The waitresses are dressed like they would have been back in the time of To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee would smile at this cafe. They have a take out food market around back which gets pretty busy. You can shop and take home anything that is found in the cafe. One final note, save room for pie! They have many and all make your mouth water.

There are newer reviews for OK Cafe

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ate at this restaurant yesterday with family. The meal was delicious. They probably have the best onion rings, or close to, that I have ever eaten. The blue plate specials and choice of veggies was great-they even had lady peas yesterday. Service was great. We went kind of late for lunch so did not have a wait. They post the wait time on a neon sign outside. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We met at this cafe for a business breakfast. I had not heard of this place before so I had no expectations. I was surprised at the amount of people there at 8:30AM on a Thursday. The wait was not long before we were seated. Our waitress was pleasant and was quick. Other waitresses would even come by and freshen the coffee during our short wait for our food. BTW, the menu had a very wide array of choices. The food was very good.

If we are in Atlanta on a personal visit, I will be sure to take my family here for a good meal. One last note, the prices were not high at all!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Found this local cafe by accident. Was on my way back to hotel after sightseeing in Atlanta. Boy was I starved and it looked busy, so I took a chance! What a wonderful cafe!!!!!! Casual, with a great wait staff. I sat at the counter and had TWO waitresses asking if they could help me. The chicken pot pie was light, homemade crust, rich creamy gravy, and piping hot. Chose 2 sides, fresh cucumber salad and a very unique coleslaw. ( maybe a touch of fresh grated Parmesan cheese) the home style corn muffin literally melted in my mouth. I wanted a dessert because they looked so beautiful and inviting! I was just to full. Going back tomorrow for dinner.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My favorite destination when I want southern cooking/comfort food served by waitresses dressed in fifties style diner uniforms. The food and service is very good! Great decor and atmosphere. Great location. Great place for a business meeting. Highly Recommended!

Been to OK Cafe? Share your experiences!