“Amazing service and great ambiance”

The Flying Biscuit Cafe - Midtown
Ranked #32 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: In 1993, the first Flying Biscuit Café opened up in Atlanta, GA., and since its inception, the Candler Park & Midtown – the two "Original" locations have strived to give its customers everything from Southern favorites to vegan selections. By offering customers a healthy alternative, The Flying Biscuit Cafe is providing a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices for customers living a healthier lifestyle. The Flying Biscuit Cafe, located in Candler Park & Midtown, is an eclectic neighborhood restaurant nationally recognized for its natural, hip cuisine and charming atmosphere. USA Today claims, “The biscuits are the best.” Gourmet states, “Wonderful southern food.” Rachael Ray’s $40 a Day program broadcasts, “Great food, great value.” This Atlanta institution is well-known for its unique Southern fare including The High Flyer, Egg-ceptional Eggs, Love Cakes, and of course, the biscuits. The two "Original" locations were founded in Atlanta in 1993, and has been an icon ever since.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

When I got to the restaurant, it was pretty empty, so I sat at the counter, thinking I would eat fast and get back to the street for some action. Soon enough I was in the middle of a great conversation with other clients I didn't know and the staff. I had the time of my life. I ordered the fish tacos, which were good, and an amazing fizzy alcoholic drink. I spent about one hour and a half and we ended up exchanging phone numbers. Will definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for The Flying Biscuit Cafe - Midtown

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant was a little difficult to find but so worth it. I had flying biscuit breakfast... two eggs scrambled with cheese and the chicken breakfast sausage patty. I got a side a fruit that was very fresh instead of the grits and a biscuit that came with it. All very good! We did not have to wait very long for our food and the service was great!! My husband had the Meggxican Wrap which he enjoyed immensely. This was definitely a great place to eat!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the Eggs Benedict - very good. My wife tried the special, fried green tomatoes with turkey bacon on grits. She loved it! The coffee was excellent and kept on coming. We even got some to go thanks to the helpful waitress. Would definitely recommend this place for a super breakfast.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Love this place!! Great energy and great comfort food. Try the turkey meatloaf or the black bean cakes

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This small restaurant can get quite busy, so arrive before 9:00 AM on the weekend or be prepared for a bit of a wait. We were visiting and this place was recommended by locals and we we're not disappointed with the food, but the waiter was a disappointment. I had the fried green tomato eggs Benedict. This came with proper southern grits, yummy turkey bacon and a perfect biscuit with apple butter! Our server said he "was here to take care of us" but didn't serve the correct meal to one of us. He was hard to find for coffee refills AND he handled our coffee mugs with his fingers holding onto the top edge of the cups, where our mouth goes.....YUCK! How do people have a job serving at a restaurant and don't know how to serve coffee?