“Really good food and really good service; worth the wait!”

The Flying Biscuit Cafe - Midtown
Ranked #28 of 4,030 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: In 1993, the first Flying Biscuit Café opened up in Atlanta, GA., and since its inception, the Candler Park & Midtown – the two "Original" locations have strived to give its customers everything from Southern favorites to vegan selections. By offering customers a healthy alternative, The Flying Biscuit Cafe is providing a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices for customers living a healthier lifestyle. The Flying Biscuit Cafe, located in Candler Park & Midtown, is an eclectic neighborhood restaurant nationally recognized for its natural, hip cuisine and charming atmosphere. USA Today claims, “The biscuits are the best.” Gourmet states, “Wonderful southern food.” Rachael Ray’s $40 a Day program broadcasts, “Great food, great value.” This Atlanta institution is well-known for its unique Southern fare including The High Flyer, Egg-ceptional Eggs, Love Cakes, and of course, the biscuits. The two "Original" locations were founded in Atlanta in 1993, and has been an icon ever since.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time going to The Flying Biscuit. There was a 25 minute wait. We waited and we were so glad that we did. Our waiters were terrific. My husband had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, with the best grits we have ever eaten! I had the Mexiggan scrambled eggs with onions and Serrano peppers in a tortilla with tomato salsa and sour cream with rosemary dusted potatoes. We had soft, delicious biscuits with cranberry apple butter. Also had "Midtown Mimosas" that were very good. Everything was delicious. Service was exceptional from the front door waiting list people to our two waiters. Definitely worth the wait and we will go back in order to try more menu items.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I know it is almost an Atlanta institution, but the waitstaff seemed like they were too rushed to really care, it is crowded and not worth the wait, and you better hope the biscuits are not flying; they are hard enough to do damage if one hits you. These are not your typical Southern fluffy biscuit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First time in ATL. I was there for a business trip and wanted to grab a bite to eat. Was looking for some great food, cheap prices, and a place I could eat alone. I loved the location and vibe of the place and the service was fast and friendly! The grits were my favorite part of the meal!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

A truly cool cafe with delicious, healthy food. I definitely recommend popping in for a visit. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

cannot remember...too long ago. People think it is great and it gets good reviews, but I cant offer one