“Decent Dinner”

Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
South Carolina
“Decent Dinner”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was dragged to Doc Chey's for dinner on Saturday by some friends who were just dying to visit as they had lost their local Doc Chey's. I will go ahead and say that I wasn't in the mood for Asian, but I went along anyway. I really enjoyed the steamed dumplings. I ended up getting the fried rice with jasmine rice. I liked it a lot. It was a HUGE portion. I wish they offered half portions as I ended up eating the chicken out of it so it wouldn't go to waste. I liked the jasmine rice especially...I wish all Chinese restaurants offered that option. I was impressed by the staff and their willingness to customize your dish and do it with a smile. Very nice. I don't know if I will ever go back, but if I don't, there is no other reason besides that I have anothe favorite Chinese/Asian restaurant. I thought Doc Chey's menu was a little light and because I'm a picky eater, the over abundance of veggies in the dishes really limited me. But I would recommend eating there if you are not a picky eater and are in the mood for Asian. The staff really is excellent.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cairo
“Great service and food!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were looking for a pleasant dining experience on a Saturday and stopped in Docs on a whim..
Great noodles at a fair price! The food was fresh and arrived quickly! Our server was pleasant, professional and attentive! If you like freshly prepared Asian style cuisine this place is a find! We look forward to being in the area and eating at Docs in the future!!

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Casual Asian inspired food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good Asian inspired food in a friendly setting. It is in my neighborhood (Morningside/Virginia-Highland) So I go there often. Small menu but they have daily specials too that are usually good. It's a great place for a casual lunch or dinner. It has a nice patio too.

Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Pad Thai in town”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great deal and good food. Bountiful Pad Thai that is not sickeningly sweet. Good curries. Quick, easy, affordable and excellent food.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“too greasy”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

the food was average, a little greasy for an Asian restaurant. The egg rolls were cold and greasy instead of having a light texture. The flavor was excellent, but luke warm food when delivered.

Visited February 2013