“Swimming upstream !!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlanta Fish Market

Atlanta Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlanta Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: From the gracious service to the Southeast's widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market's comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh daily, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Swimming upstream !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went to the fish market during the Atlanta Restaurant week in May. The food was good ..not exceptional, service was attentive and on point. I ordered the salmon hong kong style, very flavorful. Our party was going to the Fox Theatre for a show later that evening and our waitress ensured that we were served quickly. I have been to many BLG restaurants and the food here is similar in quality as the other places. However, I am concerned that with the Buckhead Atlanta project near completion and newer places opening up soon.. this fish may have to swim harder and faster to keep up with the competition. A new decor and re-energized menu may help.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great as usual!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

this is easily my favorite restaurant in atlanta!!! every time i go it is terrific!!! its a little more expensive but it is worth it! i recommend this to anyone visiting atlanta.. and everyone always loves it. location isn't bad either right in buckhead easy to get to!.

• Visited May 2014
Milton, Georgia
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been living in Atlanta for 18yrs and Buckhead Life Group restaurants were always the place to go for an impeccable experience. I've been to this one several times. I have to say the food is good but compared to other restaurants in Atl this one lacks creativity. If you like a reliable menu -ie one that never changes much then you will be happy here. However I'd go further to say its almost like a chain not much special to it. I had their Peruvian Sea Bass Hong Kong style and it tasted good just as I expected it to. We ordered 2 appetizers (lump crab and calamari) and while they were good they did not WOW us.
I opted to go for the wine of the month - big mistake. Yuck! I am a red wine drinker and for starters they give the wine of the month in these chintzy glasses that are nothing short of horrible and can kill any wine experience. I am surprised that BLG does this. Using a real wine glass could make you think the wine was better. I had my glass changed for a real wine glass and it still tasted awful. I was surprised that their "wine of the month" wasn't of a higher standard.
The severs were nice and attentive. The water glasses were never empty.
Anyway I went to the ladies room and it was in total disarray and a general nasty mess. Now granted the patrons are the ones doing this but doesn't anyone check on this place? I remember my last visit thinking that the bathroom was not kept up. There was a time when BLG had fancy paper towels for wiping hands and their bathrooms were elegant helping to make your experience feel nicer than average.
Buckhead Life Group you need to step up your game. There is too much restaurant competition in this market to leave out the details that USED to set you apart from the crowd. I may go back to FM but it would have to be someone else making the decision. I personally would chose somewhere else given the loads of choices available.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Ga
“Perfect first date!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, we didn't have to wait long for a seat (it was a weeknight), the food was amazing! And the waiter was knowledgable about the menu. We had a small problem (we don't eat pork and one of the sides was cooked with it), and they changed it out no problem.

• Visited March 2014
nj
“Anything under the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great atmosphere and friendly service. The set up is like a fish market in front with the seafood case showin the day's available selections. I had the pecan and cashew crusted swordfish and was not disappointed. The serving was large and the fish was perfectly cooked. I had the cheese grits and seasonal vegetables whis were tasty and well cooked. There was so much on the plate that there was no room for dessert! Yummy!!!

Visited April 2014