Review Highlights
Local Movie House

Very nice old theatre.. A little pricey..Parking can be bad. Serves alcohol and snacks. Art House... read more

Reviewed March 4, 2018
AllenH
Newnan
Rocky Horror Picture Show

We all know this movie sucks, but every Friday at midnight it is shown here. It is an experience... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2017
mikebeaver2
Atlanta, Georgia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Atlanta
from $69.99
from $18.51
from $58.99
from $43.51
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

It makes such a change to walk into a cinema where there are movie posters from all decades covering the walls and where the staff members are talking excitedly about movies. I'm too used to dull walls, stale carpets and the bored staff members grunting at the floor. There was a technical glitch with the film I wanted to see so I got a free voucher and a chance to watch a free documentary which was showing. The film was so good the audience actually cheered and clapped at the end. I look forward to going back.

Date of experience: October 2013
3  Thank mugglesworthy
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Atlanta for a concert and staying down the street at the Highland Inn. We had just unpacked and decided to explore a little and get something to eat. A few blocks from the hotel we came across this theater. On the Marquee was posted "Day of the Dead" with that days date. My wife and I are big George A. Romero, zombie and horror fans in general so we thought we should check it out. Low and behold, the showing started in 10 minutes. There was a line into the theater with a couple of Zombies set up near the door for photo ops. The zombies then shuffled up and down the aisles as everyone settled in. Everyone in the place had a lot of fun that night, I believe Ghostbusters was playing that night as well. The theater itself was comfortable and beautiful with long flowing curtains and lots of red velvet that brought back many memories of what it used to feel like to go to the movies as a kid. Wikipedia states that the theater was bought out in late 2012 and that they are transitioning into a more mainstream movie venue. From our visit that just didn't seem to entirely be the case. I was surprised that this beautiful theater, with such a rich local history, had zero reviews while an AMC right down the street has 6. Theaters like this are fewer everyday and I think that this is a real shame.

Date of experience: May 2013