“The best Indian Food in Atlanta”
Review of Raja Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Raja Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for 25 years and its still the best Indian food hands down. Authentic dishes with wonderful flavors. I started taking my children there when they were 4 years old and now they are 20 yrs old, its their favorite restaurant too. The bread is to die for and the lamb korma is wonderful.

1  Thank bcoleattorney

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Raja was my first Indian food experience and it was fantastic. I love all of the dishes and they don't make it too spicy if you ask them.

1  Thank Ashley1Ocampo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

No good. Just go to a more mom and pop place that is good unless it the fine dining you are looking for. Then your best bet off the top of my mind is Cafe Bombay.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I am an avid lover of Indian food and was craving it so much, I ordered take out for later at the same time I ordered my dine in meal. It was not very good at all. The service was average. The chicken tikka masala only tasted sweet and had very little sauce. The chicken vindaloo was NOT spicy at all and was very dry. The tandoori chicken was bland and very wet in that it was coated in some sort of sauce (not what I normally expect with the clay oven grilled chicken) that rubbed off on my fingers and stained them for about two days. I will say the dal and spinach w/ potato dish that came with lunch were both tasty. And the 3 starts instead of 2 was because the kheer (rice pudding) was great. However, I was not overall impressed enough to return.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I am a big fan of Indian food and am always on the look out for a new restaurant to enjoy.
Raja did not meet my expectations. The food was lacking in spice. The samosas were bland, as were all the other appetizers on the appetizer sampler. The tamarind sauce was thin and had little taste. I wasn't impressed with the Tandoori sampler either; although that could be due to my preference for saucy Indian dishes.
The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was pleasant.