“If this is Southern Cooking a hobo would be a master chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pittypat's Porch

Pittypat's Porch
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittypat's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 3,925 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Downtown Atlanta's Oldest Southern Dining restaurant since 1967. We are a "Gone With the Wind" themed restaurant, a place where the characters presence are felt from the menu to the overall decor to the memorabilia on the walls. We have created a menu of Southern classics that have been enjoyed by groups large and small from the moment we opened our doors. Dishes such as, Aunt Pittypat's Fried Chicken, 12 Oaks BBQ Ribs, Georgia Catfish, just to name a few. Our menu also includes delicious appetizers and tempting desserts made fresh in our bakery daily. We have a full bar, plus draft beer by local breweries and a Specialty Drink menu to wet your whistle. So come on by and let us show you our Southern Hospitality!
Atlanta, Georgia
“If this is Southern Cooking a hobo would be a master chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Poorly prepared imitation of southern food. My Mama would slap me if I took her to eat here. Go to Mary Macs or Barbecue Kitchen get better food and save big bucks.

“45 years later, and Pittypat's is still fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I first ate at Pittypat's 45 years ago while pregnant with my first child. It was a real treat then and I've always wanted to return. Last night was the first time that opportunity arrived and I scurried there eagerly! The hostess was a sour puss and I was afraid I was going to be disappointed...not so! Richard, our server made up for the first disappointment. He was most attentive! I had the Gumbo...Yum! This appetizer was delicious...and filling. My date had cat finger fingers and lapped them up! We shared Fried Green tomatoes...Very good. With the rolls, cornbread, biscuits, and chocolate chip muffins, we had plenty to eat. After we paid the cheçk and saw a plate of fried chicken being served, we commented To Richard that we were disappointed not to have ordered that meal instead. Moments later, he reappeared with three pieces do fried chicken, collard greens and black-eyed peas...We were delighted...The food was heavenly! Richard is the King! What a wonderful evening.

Visited May 2013
Northern Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was with a large group there... So dont know if they have a regular menu or not. We had the buffet which was wonderful. Fried chicken was spot on. Only issue was the collards were a bit salty. Friends had some of the fun mixed drinks. Comfortable and comfort.... Great spot to dine with the whole family!

Visited March 2013
Winter Garden, Florida
“Pitty Pats Porch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had never been, but my girlfriend who is a former flight attendant had tried the restaurant many years ago and had told me how good the food and atmosphere were. I found out they were still open so we decided to try them for dinner. I must say there were no disappointments and would definitely go there again.

Visited April 2013
Wilmington, DE
“Bring Your Appetite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

In the Sunny South it's fun to have an authentic meal and Pittypat's Porch fills the bill. With a homey atmosphere, rocking chairs line the porch inside the restaurant, you are welcomed to a very generous meal with salad bar, three kinds of bread, vegetables served family style and some great signature cocktails. Since the delicious barbecue ribs were pretty messy, our attentive waiter brought extra napkins and hand wipes. I'd recommend the peach marguerite and the peach cobbler.

• Visited May 2013